Old December 8th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default mobile screwdriver antenna

As best as I can recall I was impressed by a screwdriver antenna made
by a retired Boeing engineer. I think I saw it at the Ft. Wayne
hamfest and I want to get more info. Does this limited info ring a
bell with anyone?
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old December 8th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"wd5jfr" wrote in message
ups.com...
As best as I can recall I was impressed by a screwdriver antenna made
by a retired Boeing engineer. I think I saw it at the Ft. Wayne
hamfest and I want to get more info. Does this limited info ring a
bell with anyone?
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Is this what you were thinking of?

73,

Frank (VE6CB)

Old December 8th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Frank's" wrote in message

ups.com...

I mean this: http://www.w6aaq.com/

Old December 9th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hey Frank
I'm originally from Drum !
No I don't think its the one.
But thanks for trying.

--

73
Hank WD5JFR
"Frank's" wrote in message

"Frank's" wrote in message
> [...]

ups.com...

Old December 9th 06, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
. net...
Hey Frank
I'm originally from Drum !
No I don't think its the one.
But thanks for trying.

73
Hank WD5JFR

Hi Hank, well I am sure you don't miss the winter weather!
I am certain that W6AAQ is a retired engineer. I will check
with some of my SoCal ham friends to see if he was at Boeing.
Possibly he has changed the design since you saw it.

73,

Frank VE6CB

Old December 9th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Frank
Yes my bro in Calgary has told me about the cold but we've had some in
Oklahoma. It's not the temp here that gets you here but the wind and
humidity make it bad. I'd rather have the dry, windless cold. I think the
retired Boeing engr was at the Ft. Wayne Indiana hamfest and I think he
lives in Illinois?

73
Hank WD5JFR

Old December 9th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 19:50:10 GMT, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I think the
retired Boeing engr was at the Ft. Wayne Indiana hamfest and I think he
lives in Illinois?

Hi Hank,

Boeing engineers are more likely to be found in Wichita and Seattle.
The retired ones would probably be snow-birding in Arizona.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC