Old December 10th 06, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default ~~~~~~~ Wet T Shirt Contest ~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~ Wet T Shirt Contest ~~~~~~~~

Free Download
http://russianlove69.blogspot.com/20...litdation.html
- *** TOTALLY NAKED !!!! *** who says you have to be legal age to take
it all off. These girls have huge bazooms.

All Videos are free for download.

Old December 10th 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT
Old December 11th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Off topic vernacular designed to irritate others

Bill Turner wrote:
Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT

I don't know Bill.

The condescending operator of a SPST switch is still here.
Hopefully he will operate his appliance like transmitter of 3 million
less transistors than the one he is sitting in front of and pound some
brass.

On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon. Built an air core 4:1 balun
by wrapping 14 bifilar turns around a 1.24" PVC pipe. Testing with a
200-ohm dummy load, the balun seemed to work fine 20 meters und up, but
performed poorly at lower frequencies. I inserted two pieces of ferrite
rod and it now operates nicely down into 160 meters but not so well at 10.

Because the balun is working well on the intended bands, I potted it up
with epoxy and will hang the antenna soon. But it is frustrating that
the antenna will not probably do well on 10 meters.

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ
Old December 11th 06, 01:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Christopher Cox wrote:
On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old December 11th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Christopher Cox wrote:
On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?

Cecil:

He shouldn't have potted it. Just use a mechanism to remotely remove
the ferrite core at 10 meters and insert if for the lower bands!

Regards,
JS

Old December 11th 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

Christopher Cox wrote:

On topic, I hope to but up my Windom soon.

Are you using the single wire vertical
feedline that is characteristic of a Windom?

Cecil:

He shouldn't have potted it. Just use a mechanism to remotely remove
the ferrite core at 10 meters and insert if for the lower bands!

Regards,
JS

Hi Guys,

No, I am using a 4:1 to feed the horizontal portion of the Windom and a
1:1 ferrite choke balun 10 feet vertically down from there. I have seen
some favorable reviews of the design and wanted to give it a go.

My desire was to use items I had laying around the shop from previous
projects. I am beginning to see the advantages to perhaps purchasing a
toroid for the 4:1 balun.

Well, time to hang this new creation and see how well it works (or doesn't).

Regards,

Chris KC8FRJ

Old December 11th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecils' comment goes directly to the issue.

A WINDOM is a 136 feet long antenna that is fed 36% off center with a SINGLE
WIRE against ground.

No balun is necessary!!

Heck, no coax is necessary; or, no twin lead is necessary! Just a wire.

Anything advertised as a coax fed windom is NOT a WINDOM!!

/s/ DD