Old December 16th 06, 09:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default A bad day for Mr. SC

I guess he will now leave amateur radio in protest.

We can only hope.

http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2006/12/15/104/?nc=1
Old December 17th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT
Old December 17th 06, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Bill Turner wrote:
Please folks, do not reply to these off topic posts.

If these idiots never get any replies, they will eventually give up
and go away.

Thanks,

Bill, W6WRT

I don't think any of the regular participants in this newsgroup do reply
to the disruptive group. Their messages are cross-posted to many
newsgroups, and there seems to be a small group of them who keep each
other going, plus I'm sure they raise some responses from rra.policy
readers. Each of them seems to feel the need to share their unwelcome
banter with inappropriate groups such as this one. What we get here is
their QRM, due to their lack of courtesy and adult behavior. I don't see
any ready cure for it short of moderating the group. Without moderation,
any group of bored children can cause a great deal of disruption, and
that's what we have here.

Hopefully, though, the situation is just temporary. As the sun spots
improve, 11 meter skip will return, so maybe they'll go back to CB where
the level of their conversation is more appropriate and appreciated. I
always thought that 75 meter phone was the home for this sort of thing,
but maybe they don't have ham licenses.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old December 18th 06, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
banter with inappropriate groups such as this one. What we get here is
their QRM, due to their lack of courtesy and adult behavior. I don't see
any ready cure for it short of moderating the group. Without moderation,
Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Right on Roy!

Filth and perversion are difficult and sickening the first time around,
impossible after that ...

Regards,
JS