Old December 26th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default will a 10 meter fm antenna work on SSB

I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

Old December 26th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

just tune it to the ssbsection instead of the fmsection....

schreef in bericht

Old December 26th 06, 12:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

hopefully by 'quad' you mean a 4-band antenna. it could be a bit of a
problem with low bridges and parking garages otherwise. and yes, an antenna
doesn't care what kind of modulation you use, though you may want to
lengthen it a bit if its tuned up near the top of the band for fm repeaters
and such.

Old December 26th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

That seems like an odd trade. Perhaps it would be better if you tried to
borrow the money from a friend and pay cash for the quad.

Also curious

Old December 26th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
I wondering if the 10m [fm] will work with ssb.

Sky-wave or surface-wave?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

Old December 27th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:08:39 GMT, "Jerry Martes"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

That seems like an odd trade. Perhaps it would be better if you tried to
borrow the money from a friend and pay cash for the quad.

Also curious

nice tounge in cheek

Old December 27th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 14:08:39 GMT, "Jerry Martes"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

That seems like an odd trade. Perhaps it would be better if you tried
borrow the money from a friend and pay cash for the quad.

Also curious

nice tounge in cheek

I began to think that nobody 'got it'.

Old January 9th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

. ..
wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting a quad antenna for my car. I believe its 10m,
6m, 2m, and 70cm. I wondering if the 10m will work with ssb.

Just curious.

Not sure if changing the length of this type of antenna will work or not. It
should be done with some caution as changing the length may effect the
operation on the other bands.Dont make changes you cant undo. If you are
uing the antenna with out a spring adding it may solve yuor problem for 10M
but make it unusable for all the other bands without removing the spring.