Old July 25th 03, 05:37 AM
Javier Henderson

Default Cushcraft MA5V band coverage

I've a Cushcraft MA5V, which I bought a couple of years back under
the impression that it covers 10 through 20 meters.

The text on Cushcraft's website states that coverage. But, the little
spec table below it indicates coverage from 6m to 20m.

What gives?

Relevant URL:

http://www.cushcraft.com/amateur/details.asp?catid=92

73,

-jav w6vms
Old July 25th 03, 06:17 AM
'Doc

Javier,
A 20 meter 1/4 wave works very well on 6 meters.
'Doc

Old July 26th 03, 01:48 AM
Bob Miller

On 24 Jul 2003 21:37:53 -0700, Javier Henderson
wrote:

I've a Cushcraft MA5V, which I bought a couple of years back under
the impression that it covers 10 through 20 meters.

The text on Cushcraft's website states that coverage. But, the little
spec table below it indicates coverage from 6m to 20m.

What gives?

Relevant URL:

http://www.cushcraft.com/amateur/details.asp?catid=92

73,

-jav w6vms

In the AES catalog, the ma5v is rated for 20-10, the ma6v is rated for
20-6. Maybe there is some overlap of instructions on the two units.

In the pictures, the ma6v appears to have a vertical element that is
missing in the ma5v.

Bob
k5qwg