RadioBanter

-   -   Balun on various bands (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/1133-balun-various-bands.html)

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb January 25th 04 10:15 PM

Balun on various bands

Hi Folks,

I am going to try a balun with a 40m dipole. My question is would my Kenwood
AT-250 match to other higher frequencies and if so, would it damage the
balun or is it just better to go without the balun abd wire direct?

Thanks
NG1I

'Doc January 26th 04 01:08 AM

Frank,
Using a balun would probably have little or no affect
on how the AT-250 would handle the 40 meter antenna on
other bands. It would affect the 'balanced' to 'unbalanced'
nature of using a dipole with coax, though, and possibly
help reduce any RFI problems (maybe) if any. I'm not a
great balun 'fan', so personally, I'd do with out it...
'Doc

JGBOYLES January 29th 04 12:16 AM

Thanks for the advice...I'll just be running 100watts from a TS-430 to a
coaxline fed Model 1:1 balun by W2AU which is sold commercially.

Hi, I think it is W2DU, I use the design, have no problems.
73 Gary N4AST