Old January 25th 04, 10:15 PM
Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Default Balun on various bands

Hi Folks,

I am going to try a balun with a 40m dipole. My question is would my Kenwood
AT-250 match to other higher frequencies and if so, would it damage the
balun or is it just better to go without the balun abd wire direct?

Thanks
NG1I

Old January 26th 04, 01:08 AM
'Doc

Frank,
Using a balun would probably have little or no affect
on how the AT-250 would handle the 40 meter antenna on
other bands. It would affect the 'balanced' to 'unbalanced'
nature of using a dipole with coax, though, and possibly
help reduce any RFI problems (maybe) if any. I'm not a
great balun 'fan', so personally, I'd do with out it...
'Doc
Old January 26th 04, 11:55 AM
Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

Thanks for the advice...I'll just be running 100watts from a TS-430 to a
coaxline fed Model 1:1 balun by W2AU which is sold commercially...

Old January 26th 04, 02:39 PM
Mikey

See my response to your other note

"Frank MacKenzie-Lamb" wrote

Old January 29th 04, 12:16 AM
JGBOYLES

Thanks for the advice...I'll just be running 100watts from a TS-430 to a
coaxline fed Model 1:1 balun by W2AU which is sold commercially.

Hi, I think it is W2DU, I use the design, have no problems.
73 Gary N4AST