Old February 13th 04, 06:03 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:

wrote:
Most people just don't understand

What a mission of salvation inhabits you.

Good to know that you understand everything, Richard.
Maybe you could tell us if supersymetry is valid?
--
73, Cecil, W5DXP

Old February 13th 04, 06:29 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:03:11 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:
Most people just don't understand

Good to know that you understand everything, Richard.

Bipolar now? Which cycle are you cresting on?
Old February 13th 04, 07:36 PM
Steve Nosko

Is there, was there ever, a point to all this drivel?

It might appear that the discussion is, had been, about current flow
direction vs. energy flow direction.

Unfortunately, the main message the rest of the readers of this group see is
one of immaturity.

I think the point of contention may have something to do with the fact that
current on a t-line can be reversing direction in time and be different
directions at different locations on the t-line. Then, there may be some
relation to the energy which can be flowing in one direction. So is the
nature of waves.

But one sure can't tell by reading these posts.Why do I?

"Dr. Slick" wrote in message
om...
Cecil Moore wrote in message

Dr. Slick wrote:
Kinda like how you imagine you are saying something important
or intelligent!

Makes one wonder why something so unimportant is worth the energy
you expend in arguing about it. :-) Sure seems to me that dQ/dt
is negative for 1/2 half of an AC cycle.

I think every so often, it's important to point out how
full of sh** Cecil Moore really is...

S.

Old February 13th 04, 08:30 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:36:26 -0600, "Steve Nosko"
wrote:
Is there, was there ever, a point to all this drivel?

Hi Steve,

Reference the Subject header. Any expectations above and beyond that
promise are a fantasy.

But one sure can't tell by reading these posts.Why do I?

Boredom? If you perceive a topic worth discussing, start a thread
with a more structured enquiry. [This is no guarantor of increased
accuracy, coherency, or merit that will follow from such effort.]

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old February 13th 04, 09:05 PM
Steve Nosko

DUH! I shoulda' known... Gotcha, Rich(ard)

I usually look for a subject line that is either - something I want to know
about, or something asked, that I can answer in a simple, straightforward
way. [done a lot, seen a lot, know a lot--have a bone in my head - makes me
want to help others to understand...no wise cracks invited]

I know everything except how to be humble.

73, Steve K:9:C:I

Old February 14th 04, 12:09 AM
Jim Kelley

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Applying for further education:
so what is flowing energy, no current flowing?

As far as you know, apparently.
Old February 14th 04, 03:35 AM
Dr. Slick

wrote:
Most people just don't understand

Good to know that you understand everything, Richard.

Bipolar now? Which cycle are you cresting on?

Cecil is on the Bull**** cycle at the moment.

The other cycle is sort of a lobotomized euphoria.

Slick
Old February 14th 04, 04:34 AM
Cecil Moore

Dr. Slick wrote:
Cecil is on the Bull**** cycle at the moment.
The other cycle is sort of a lobotomized euphoria.

More ad hominem stuff. That tells me you can't defend your
assertion that current sloshes back and forth trapped between
voltage nodes. Your assertion would also have to be true of
light where the interference energy in the bright rings is
trapped between the dark rings. But we know that light does somehow
escape that interference pattern and keeps traveling in a straight
line unaffected by the other light beam. Similarly, in a constant
Z0 environment, the forward current is unaffected by the reflected
current and vice versa.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old February 14th 04, 01:41 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:34:48 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:
we know that light does somehow
escape that interference pattern and keeps traveling in a straight
line unaffected by the other light beam.

Hi All,

How to hold two mutually exclusive thoughts in one idea:
If it escapes there never was any notion of affectation;
If there was never any notion of affectation, there was nothing to
escape.

And "somehow?" This adverb presumes odds for which there were never
any chance to offer odds for in the first place. At least such
statements are consistent with the topic (you keeping notes Steve?).

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old February 16th 04, 08:33 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Kelley wrote:
There is no convention describing
unidirectional flow of alternating current. That is what you've been
trying to say, i.e. current into one end of a coil.

When the instantaneous voltage across a resistor is '+' on one end
and '-' on the other, instantaneous current is flowing into the '+'
end and out the '-' end, by convention. What do you mean there is no
convention describing instantaneous current flow for AC? How could
we possibly be in the 21st Century without such a convention?

From _University_Physics_ by Young and Freedman, 9th edition:

"i = I cos(wt) where 'i' is the instantaneous current ..."

"But if we pass a sinusoidal current through a d'Arsonval
meter, the torque on the moving coil varies sinusoidally, WITH
ONE DIRECTION HALF THE TIME AND THE *OPPOSITE* DIRECTION THE
OTHER HALF." (emphasis mine so you won't miss it)

Instantaneous AC current "is represented by the projection (of a
phasor) onto a horizontal axis ...". A '+' sign for the cos(wt)
term represents one direction and a '-' sign represents the
opposite direction.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp