Old February 2nd 04, 03:13 PM
Massi

Isn't waveguide kind of big at 13.56 MHz?

John

forgive me, but I don't understand what you mean.
Massimo

Old February 3rd 04, 12:49 PM
John Smith

"Massi" wrote in message
Isn't waveguide kind of big at 13.56 MHz?

John

forgive me, but I don't understand what you mean.
Massimo

Well, you said:

"VSWR COPLANAR WAVEGUIDE 50 OHM
13.56 MHz = 1.0250
1 GHz = 1.1698
3 GHz = 1.3500"

Maybe I don't understand coplanar waveguide, but I thought it would have to
be really big to fit 13.56 MHz inside.

John

Old February 3rd 04, 06:25 PM
Dave Shrader

I sent Massimo direct mail asking if he really meant 13.56 MHz. He
responded, YES!

I still wonder if he is having a language problem understanding MHz and
GHz!!

Old February 4th 04, 07:21 PM
Dave Shrader

Massi wrote:

SNIP

So, it is a fact that English is not my language, but when I say
MegaHertz I mean MegaHertz (= 1000000 Hz).

Massimo, no offense was intended. I was just looking to make sure you
meant MHz.

Sorry if my post offended you. If so I ask your forgiveness.

Deacon Dave

SNIP

Old February 4th 04, 10:12 PM
J. Harvey

"Dave Shrader"
...asking if he really meant 13.56 MHz...

"John Smith"
Yes, GHz would make much more sense.

Except that 13.56 MHz is a very, very well known (common) ISM
frequency.

....well, perhaps not as well known as it might be... ;-)

Amusingly, most of the 30 Google hits on "13.56 GHz" are errors where
people have incorrectly assumed GHz for such RFID usage.

Stripline at HF ?? Geesh... I supposed if you've got the 'real
estate'.