Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 25th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default tuner - feedline - antenna question ?

All,

I am trying to install a trapped 40m dipole in the attic, the antenna is
in place however it is short and resonates at about 7.7 MHz. I decided
to try it by using a tuner close to the transmitter in the shack. The
feedline is 50 ohm coax. On low power the tuner creates a very low SWR.
The transmitter is a solid state 100 watt Heathkit.

However when I transmit according to the SWR Watt meter the system
appears to transmit well over 200 watts. It pined the meter on a 200
watt range. I repeated the test twice and then stopped. When it is
transmitting the SWR reads about 1.1 to 1. The meter works very well and
does not exhibit strange readings on other setups.

My questions a What is happening? What is causing it?

Thanks - Dan

Question about 20-meter monoband vertical (kinda long - antenna gurus welcome) Zommbee Antenna 8 December 28th 06 12:53 AM
Optimising a G5RV Owen Duffy Antenna 20 October 3rd 06 06:38 PM
Outside Antenna Rikk Shortwave 25 March 6th 06 06:53 PM
WHY - The simple Random Wire Antenna is better than the Dipole Antenna for the Shortwave Listener (SWL) RHF Shortwave 15 September 13th 05 08:28 AM