Old March 3rd 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default How odd thinking came about

When I retired fro G.E. as an engineer it was because I had a heart
attack,the culmination of which was that I had lost my memory skills
among other things. I turned to antennas because it allowed me to fool
araound without achieving anything.. I found that I has also lost my
reading skills in that I could read one line and by the time I got to
the next line I had forgotten everything. So when I was not out in the
yard I purchased loads of fields and waves and physics books not
because I understood what I was reading but at least they were
different books Physical troubles still followed me included a
ruptered gall bladder that was taken out the hard way. Later my heart
went again and I had open heart surgury
during which I got an infection which took nearly a year to get over.
Later after having an implant for my heart that to got infectious but
I went out of town first on the antenna
examination and went into hospital as soon as I got back as the pocket
had completely
opened up and puss was dripping so I was lucky that I got back in time
tho the antenna was so important to me because of the years that had
passed.
One of the reasons I came across all this was I was unfettered by my
previous teachings
and basically was back to childhood in learning to keep myself alive
which ment a lot of daydreaming which I am still doing because I
busted my knee on ice after clearing 60 foot of driveway of two lotsw
of dumped snow. This dreaming and reading of the same material and
different books over and over again took me down paths that were not
the beaten paths that one follows in colledge and thus I ventured way
off track on lots of things and questioined what I read consistently
to be sure I had got it right plus I could remember it.
How I got to the Gauss point I do not know or why except I know I did
a lot of drawing.
I have not stated all that I found about what I call Gaussian antennas
except to say there is so much more to be learned and surprises to
savor. Fortunately I have a good family that helped me with the
depression and the pits that often came plus I have a son who isw a
computor consultant for San Diego University who has a lot of
successes of his own including helping the red cross at New orleans as
well as the author of the Biology Workbench which brought in more than
a million dollars and where he was always on call to fix things on the
computor when my memory took various different turns.
So with the above it may help you to unde4rstand how I sorted out the
fishingpole store and the present antenna story but frankly I know I
can never represent myself as an engineer anymore but my interest now
is purely to stay alive without any more set backs
Art KB9MZ

Old March 5th 07, 02:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:

fishingpole store and the present antenna story but frankly I know I
can never represent myself as an engineer anymore but my interest now
is purely to stay alive without any more set backs

Good Grief Art! Your story made gave me the Heebie-Jeebies - I get
sympathy pains.

Here's to your health improving and soon.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -
Old March 5th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 5 Mar, 06:43, Michael Coslo wrote:
art wrote:

fishingpole store and the present antenna story but frankly I know I
can never represent myself as an engineer anymore but my interest now
is purely to stay alive without any more set backs

Good Grief Art! Your story made gave me the Heebie-Jeebies - I get
sympathy pains.

Here's to your health improving and soon.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Mike, it wasn't for sympathy, I am a very comfortable happy man
enjoying a very happy and rewarding life.

I explained how I was able
to generate the Gaussian antenna arrays where people much cleverer
than I are unable to see what I see. Even when the item is placed in
front of them their minds will not allow them to accept it this
because the regime of learning is based on remembering the sequencies
of following a formal path. This teaching does not allow forays off
the beaten path
and queastioning in general because the professor who is the informant
is also the judge at the end of the semester and a student is not
there to challenge his thinking
Every body here is convinced that antenna programs have proved their
worth but suddenly they don't want to believe that they are cleverer
than the user. If you think about it most people who are successful
become that way because they have experienced all the wrong ways while
foraging.
Many people with a damaged brain excell in certain areas and where it
is not understood. My brain was a network of communication threads
like a webb when parts decayed preventing communication. In time they
reform if you are lucky and possibly some develop at a faster pace
than others.
This is what may have happened to me, who knows what happens
in a brain? George Green went to school for one year and then went to
work in a flour mill. Yet somehow he expanded
mathematics with his understanding of the term equilibrium
Go figure. The brain is a wondourous thing but there is a portion
there that retards all progression even with the brightest of minds in
all humans which humans themselves cultivate in competition with other
humans.
Regards
Art