Old April 7th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Revisiting the Power Explanation

Jim Kelley wrote:
E^2 = E1^2 + E2^2 + 2E1*E2

Power doesn't interfere. It doesn't even propagate, Cecil.

Exactly as I said in my energy analysis article:
"The term "power flow" has been avoided in favor of "energy
flow". Power is a measure of that energy flow per unit time
through a plane. Likewise, the EM fields in the waves do the
interfering. Powers, treated as scalars, are incapable of
interference."

So please cease and desist with the straw man already.
You are simply quoting my article back to me.

And you are missing the point. When you said that voltage
and current cannot both double during superposition you
were 100% wrong. That error of yours is what our years
long argument has been about. Keith is apparently making
the same error as you.

Consider two identical EM waves superposing in free space.
Contrary to what you asserted in your previous posting,
the E-field doubles in magnitude AND the B-field doubles
in magnitude. The result is a quadrupling of the power
contained in the superposed wave compared to the power
contained in each original wave.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old April 7th 07, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

Cecil:

Put on yer shades, here come some chicks!

8-)
JS

The power explanation Owen Duffy Antenna 48 March 15th 07 05:01 PM
again a few words of explanation Mork Moron Morgan General 2 August 30th 06 01:19 PM
again a few words of explanation an old friend Policy 10 August 30th 06 01:19 PM
Explanation wanted John, N9JG Antenna 7 May 26th 06 08:02 AM
New ham needing explanation on radios [email protected] General 9 December 22nd 04 08:28 PM