Old April 11th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
oli oli is offline

Default all informations delta loop antennas

Hi all,

I'am looking for a maximum informations about delta loop antennas.
First of all, I found a lot of interesting documents with Antenna Searh
http://www.les-antennes.fr/index.php...oop+calculator
that can help me, but I don't find any document who explain what is the
best mechanical technics to fixed elements to the boom.

Best regards

Oli

Old April 11th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"oli" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'am looking for a maximum informations about delta loop antennas.
First of all, I found a lot of interesting documents with Antenna Searh
http://www.les-antennes.fr/index.php...oop+calculator
that can help me, but I don't find any document who explain what is the
best mechanical technics to fixed elements to the boom.

Best regards

Oli

Welding , I think this antenna got started as a CB gimmick, well maybe not,
The idea is something akin to a cubical quad using plumbers delight
constrction. I built one for CB back in the early 70s because I was afraid
of tackling a quad then. Believe me the quad was much easier to build and I
think it performed noticably better than the delta.

Jimmie

Old April 11th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"oli" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'am looking for a maximum informations about delta loop antennas.
First of all, I found a lot of interesting documents with Antenna Searh
http://www.les-antennes.fr/index.php...oop+calculator
that can help me, but I don't find any document who explain what is the
best mechanical technics to fixed elements to the boom.

Best regards

Oli

Anything you want to know (and then some) about antennas can be found here

http://www.cebik.com/

Old April 12th 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hi Oli

Construction method of course depends on the size/freq of the thing. In
some cases you can use plumping or electrical conduit fittings . I have
also seen muffler clamps used but be careful not to weaken the element
too much my drilling. Possibly a muffler clamp bolted to some flat bar
which is then attached to the elements with hose clamps. Watch out for
dissimilar metal corrosion though..

These loops can also be hung from trees. You may even be able to use PVC
pipe as supports if the frequency isn't too low..

I had a double delta some years ago that had two elements arrange
bow-tie like off opposite sides of the boom. This reduced the torque
stress somewhat as the element from one side mechanically continued to
the other.

Cheers Bob

Old April 12th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Oli wrote:
"I`m looking for maximum informations about delta loop antennas."

Oli`s internet finds include the fine article by KA1FSB which makes most
additions redundant. But, ON4UN`s "Low-Band DXing", 1994 edition devotes
chapter 10 to "Large Loop Antennas". It is 19 pages of vital
information.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old April 12th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 11, 9:49 am, "Jimmie D" wrote:
"oli" wrote in message

Hi all,

I'am looking for a maximum informations about delta loop antennas.
First of all, I found a lot of interesting documents with Antenna Searh
http://www.les-antennes.fr/index.php...oop+calculator
that can help me, but I don't find any document who explain what is the
best mechanical technics to fixed elements to the boom.

Best regards

Oli

Welding , I think this antenna got started as a CB gimmick, well maybe not,
The idea is something akin to a cubical quad using plumbers delight
constrction. I built one for CB back in the early 70s because I was afraid
of tackling a quad then. Believe me the quad was much easier to build and I
think it performed noticably better than the delta.

Jimmie

I forgot I did make one rotatable delta beam befor this one, sort of a
prototype. It was made of wood and wire. The wire was supported by
bamboo poles.The bamboo was fastened to a wooden boom with lagbolts.
Cut of the head of the labolt in stick it up the bottom end of the
bamboo and clamp with radiator clamps. This actually worked better
than the all metal one. I let my friend have it after I made the metal
one, should have kept this one. He had it up for 4 or 5 years before
the boom finally broke. Im sure it would have lasted a lot longer if
the wood had been varnished.

Jimmie

Delta Loop Ideas Please John Antenna 12 January 2nd 07 11:41 PM
Dipole vs. Delta loop vs. Quad loop -pratical experience Jim Leder Antenna 9 February 22nd 05 11:37 PM
help with delta loop matching system Silvio Dx 0 November 6th 04 02:13 PM
Phasing for Delta Loop [email protected] Antenna 1 September 18th 04 06:06 PM
40M+80M dual band delta loop? Antenna 22 January 4th 04 07:50 PM