Old February 5th 04, 11:11 AM
cme

Default TV antenna question , newbie

looking for a good UHF or antenna to add to existing vhf/uhf antenna. Can
anyone suggest overall unit and a good antenna amp and splitter.

Presently get all vhf stations minus 2 out of Buffalo snowed to death, hard
to pull and all uhf stations minus 57 out of toronto snowed. situated in
Niagara falls, Canada. So I'm looking of pulling a cleaner channel 2 and 57.

I want to add another tv , so I was thinking of installing a power amp and
splitter.
I have about 70 feet of coax to present tv.

Did some reading and whats on the market as far as power booster splitters
is confusing. Dont wnat to spend the buck to find that it hasnt helped.

I'm situated from a power corridor ,high voltage transmission towers, but
they dont seem to effect signals from what I can see.

Can anyone tell me what the best gear to buy for the best bang for your
buck????

Old February 5th 04, 04:03 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Took a look at a map, and it seems that Toronto is North of you, and Buffalo
is South. So, the first thing you need is an antenna rotator. As far as
amplifiers go, make sure you get a low noise unit that is meant to be used
with an antenna, NOT a CATV amp. Also, check out some antenna manufacturer's
web sites.

Tam/WB2TT