Old May 8th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Question on wattmeter

"Antonio Vernucci" wrote in news:4640a649$0$17940
:

We are talking about millivolt levels, but the good news is that today,
stable high gain DC amplifiers are a snack (see chopper stabilised Op
Amps).

Yes, but to my knowledge, the Struthers wattmeter is purely passive, no
amplifier whatsoever.

You have misunderstood me, my post was in answer to your more general
question "Does anyone know of special diodes resulting in a linear
wattmeter scale?" (which I quoted in my post).

If you weren't interested in the answer to the question, why ask it?

Owen
Old May 9th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Owen Duffy" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Antonio Vernucci" wrote in news:4640a649$0$17940
:

We are talking about millivolt levels, but the good news is that today,
stable high gain DC amplifiers are a snack (see chopper stabilised Op
Amps).

Yes, but to my knowledge, the Struthers wattmeter is purely passive, no
amplifier whatsoever.

You have misunderstood me, my post was in answer to your more general
question "Does anyone know of special diodes resulting in a linear
wattmeter scale?" (which I quoted in my post).

If you weren't interested in the answer to the question, why ask it?

Owen

I am interested in answers specifically regarding diodes which may cause the
Struthers wattmeter scale to be linear.

Using modern electronics one can do almost everything, no big novelty.

73

Tony I0JX

Old May 9th 07, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Antonio Vernucci wrote:

I am interested in answers specifically regarding diodes which may cause
the Struthers wattmeter scale to be linear.

Using modern electronics one can do almost everything, no big novelty.

73

Tony I0JX

Tony, see if this answers your question:

http://www.evaluationengineering.com...201sensors.htm
The Sharp End of RF Power Measurement

Note Figure 1.

Also, take a look at HP's AN986.