Old May 11th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Elnec and eznec irritations.

On my transition to MMANA-GA antenna modeling program from the the AO
professional
antenna program I read the latest review of the 2007 version. It
stated that it overcomes
the irritations and downsides of Elnec and Eznec programs of
yesteryear what ever they
are as well as providing optimisation additions and upto date
additions related to NEC2.etc
I don't have actual knoweledge of the irritations alluded to or
whether there are even newer
versions of these old programs. The important thing is that MMANA-GA
is FREE to all
amateurs and as I have pointed out in the past Industry demands the
fine attributes that
optimization supplies and which are a necessary part of the newer
expensive programs
that proliferate. As I said this program is FREE to all antenna
enthusiasts and provides
all that is needed unless one strives to model all the antennas at the
same time on the
Sears building in Chicago. I am eager to work with their optimiser
which has twice the
variables that my former professional program gave me plus involve
myself with the
group discussions and help modes and other connecting freeware that is
prevalent on the net.
Who knows there may be another Gaussian array scenario waiting to be
discovered
and the tool for pursuit is provided FREE OF CHARGE provided by hams
for all
hams. A christmas present is available to all so that you don't have
to spend
your money at Dayton
Art

Old May 13th 07, 08:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote in news:1178846280.542779.109990
@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

[...]

And yet, with all that it has, MMANA-GAL is not able to optimize at a
specific take-off angle. That would be SUCH a good feature to have for
HF modelling.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667
Old May 13th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave Oldridge wrote:

And yet, with all that it has, MMANA-GAL is not able to optimize at a
specific take-off angle. That would be SUCH a good feature to have for
HF modelling.

That would be very difficult to disagree with, "aiming" your signal at
the target (or aiming your "receiving pattern" at the target) is what is
has always been about ...

Regards,
JS
Old May 13th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

mmana-gal elnec exnec ao
HF I can figure out but just what doess this mean in english? maybe
about optimize and may be about pattern but what do3es this have to do
with irritations?

Old May 15th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

so no one knows what MMANA-GAL means?
this is a weird group.

On May 15, 2:55 pm, Dave Oldridge
wrote:
wrote roups.com:

mmana-gal elnec exnec ao
HF I can figure out but just what doess this mean in english? maybe
about optimize and may be about pattern but what do3es this have to do
with irritations?

Optimizations allow you to control certain variables. But the MMANA-GAL
optimization does not allow you to maximize gain for a particular elevation
angle. In point-to-point work this would be very useful, as you want to
pick the angle that has the least number of reflections from the ionosphere
and ground along the path (you lose about 10db per hop).

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667

[help] eznec\4 pro zzl Antenna 8 July 11th 05 04:48 AM
[help] eznec\4 pro zzl Antenna 4 July 10th 05 06:50 PM
EZNEC ARRL and EZNEC 4 Demo: Setting default folders Buck Antenna 2 June 16th 05 01:33 AM
eznec 4.0 zeman Antenna 5 May 11th 05 07:14 PM
Help with EZNEC...... Ken Bessler Antenna 0 August 23rd 03 09:23 PM