Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 16th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default High noise level except when raining, why?

Is the noise a 60 cycle hum ? or just noise in general? qrn or qrm?
I still think that it is a grounding problem .

I could be wrong but it sounds like thw same problem I had untill I
expanded my ground system and tied it to my utility (meterbase ground)
Then all the noise, vanished....
My 2 cents

"Jim - NN7K" wrote in message

Another reason is that as things dry out, the
connections to the pole Losen up , as the pole
shrinks, relative to the hardware. and- induction
to , say Crossarm Braces , can cause arcing ,
between those braces ! A way to check for this is
to give a pole a swift hit with a hammer. If the
noise goes away, or is changed, probably is loose
hardware on the pole . A thought for your
consideration- Jim NN7K

"Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T)" wrote in message
news

What is it about general "noise" that makes it go way down during rainy
weather?

Noise level between two ant types Ken Bessler Antenna 373 June 29th 06 08:16 PM
IC-706 and noise level Zibs Equipment 1 February 14th 05 02:47 PM
FS high level mixers James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 17th 04 05:58 PM
FS high level mixers James Skalski Homebrew 0 April 17th 04 05:58 PM