Old May 31st 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Water burns!

On 31 May, 06:02, "Jimmie D" wrote:
Roy . its worse than that, the media didnt report on it because they
believed there may be some credability to what the guy did. They did because
it is news, becuse there are so many thousands of other people out there
that dont have a clue about basic scientific fundamentals. They did it
because the world is in such a panic about energy reserves that people want
to hear this junk. The media takes no responsibility for filtering out the
garbage.

Jimmie

"Roy Lewallen" wrote in message

Yet another sad commentary on the sorry state of science education in this
country. Not so much the "inventor" as the dupes who have such a poor
understanding of basic fundamental principles that they believe it and
report it as news.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Tony Jaa wrote:
Water burns!
Man looking for cancer cure hopes to solve energy crisis
5:00 p.m. Eastern

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=55934

By Joe Kovacs
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Is the solution to America's energy needs as simple as a trip to the
beach?

The idea is a fascinating one as a Florida man searching for a cancer
cure
may have stumbled onto a virtually limitless source of energy: salt
water.

John Kanzius of Sanibel Island, Fla., demonstrates how salt water burns
after bombarded with radio waves from a machine he invented. (courtesy
WPBF-TV)

John Kanzius, 63, is a broadcast engineer who formerly owned several TV
and
radio stations, before retiring in Sanibel Island, Fla.

Five years ago, he was diagnosed with a severe form of leukemia, and
began a
quest to find a kinder, gentler way to treat the disease compared to
harsh
chemotherapy.

In October 2003, he had an epiphany: kill cancer with radio waves. He
then
devised a machine that emits radio waves in an attempt to slay cancerous
cells, while leaving healthy cells unharmed.

His experiments in fighting cancer have become so successful, one
physician
was quoted as saying, "We could be getting close to grabbing the Holy
Grail."

But in the midst of his experiments as he was trying to take salt out of
water, Kanzius discovered his machine could do what some may have thought
was impossible: making water burn.

"On our way to try to do desalinization, we came up with something that
burns, and it looks in this case that salt water perhaps could be used as
fuel to replace the carbon footsteps that we've been using all these
years,
i.e., fossil fuels," Kanzius said.

The possible ramifications of the discovery are almost mind-boggling, as
cars could be fueled by salt water instead of gasoline, hydroelectric
plants could be built along the shore, and homes could be heated without
worrying about supplies of oil.

"It doesn't have to be ocean salt water," Kanzius said. "It burns just as
well when we add salt to tap water."

Kanzius has partnered with Charles Rutkowski, general manager of
Industrial
Sales and Manufacturing, a Millcreek, Pa., company that builds the
radio-wave generators.

"I've done this [burning experiment] countless times and it still amazes
me," Rutkowski told the Erie Times-News. "Here we are paying $3 a gallon
for gas, and this is a device that seems to turn salt water into an
alternative fuel."

Kanzius has been told it's actually hydrogen that's burning, as his
machine
generates enough heat to break down the chemical bond between hydrogen
and
oxygen that makes up water.

"I have never heard of such a thing," Alice Deckert, Ph.D., chairwoman of
Allegheny College's chemistry department, told the Times-News. "There
doesn't seem to be enough energy in radio waves to break the chemical
bonds
and cause that kind of reaction."

Thus far, Kanzius' discovery has not received extensive national
publicity,
but has been featured on several local television news programs,
including
WPBF-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla., WSEE-TV in Erie, Pa., and WKYC-TV in
Cleveland.

"We discovered that if you use a piece of paper towel as a wick, it
lights
every single time and you can start it and stop it at will by turning the
radio waves on and off," Kanzius told the Times-News as he watched a test
tube of salt water burn.

"And look, the paper itself doesn't burn," he added. "Well, it burns but
the
paper is not consumed."

Kanzius said he hasn't decided whether to share his fuel discovery with
government or private business, though he'd prefer a federal grant to
develop it.

"I'm afraid that if I join up with some big energy company, they will say
it
doesn't work and shelve it, even if it does work," Kanzius told the
paper.

Video of TV news reports of water burning can be seen from these
affiliates:

WPBF-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla.

WSEE-TV in Erie, Pa.

WKYC-TV in Cleveland- Hide quoted text -

I cringe at the idea of the news media filtering out the garbage!
It is for the viewer to determine what is garbage and what is not.
Many a multimillionaire owes his fortune to what others have
considered garbage where others have deemed themselves as
educated enough to detrmine what is garbage and what is treasure.
Look at the good side of this picture instead of piling on ridicule.
Here we have is a human being who is fighting for something new
and beneficial to all with all the energy and education that he
has within him so that he can hold on to life. The life he has
is enjoyable because he believes he is on the brink of success,
where his life is still usefull instead of lying on a hospital bed.
For a human to be brought from sadness into happiness is a
wonderfull thing that typifies the human race and encouragement
is what a human needs instead of derision to enjoy a life that
has been given him. It is not sad to see a life ending in enjoyment
but it is sad to pile on derision on how a human carries on the
fight for life even in the light of a meagre education.
If he was my grandpa I would encourage him until the end and be
very proud of him and not use my education to discourage him.
Actually the news media should use that story for those people
who are interested in what is good in life as well as those
who only have derision for the efforts of others.
Regards
Art

Old May 31st 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

[...]

Here will be the proof that this is more folly. I am going to note this date
in my organizer.
Next year on this date- we'll see where this has gone.
Another individual with a poor foundation in science wasting his time and
money- but that's his choice I suppose. I prefer to be more productive.
Maybe I can hook him up with a guy that cornered me yesterday to discuss
crop circles.

Dale W4OP

Old May 31st 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:
I cringe at the idea of the news media filtering out the garbage!

Art:

Could not agree with you more. If someone wants the news media to
filter for them, I should wonder if someone should not accompany them to
the restroom to wipe for them also?

Give me it all, I will, eventually, toss the garbage ...

Regards,
JS
Old May 31st 07, 07:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 31 May, 10:24, "Dale Parfitt" wrote:
[...]

snip- but that's his choice I suppose. I prefer to be more productive.

If it makes him happy then that is productive and is good reason for
him
to make that choice.

Most people who enrich themselves usually make every mistake in the
book
until they find that one thing that makes them a success and that is
not
reserved for the PhD or more highly educated entrepaneur.
With the higher education you have the ability to get it right first
time
if and only, if you have the drive to succeed. Oddly enough life
doesn't
always work out that way but people can always change their position
after the fact and say that is nothing new, I knew it all the time
but I was just not interested in pursueing and then resume the
position on the couch. There are many highly educated people
on this newsgroup Dale who just like you are millionares because
their education allowed them to be right first time, all the time,
every time where other meagre minds just waste their time and money.
Why do hams get so much enjoyement from a piece of wire hung up
on the gutter where those in the know and educated sneer and
use a cell phone? Think about it, how do you measure happiness?
How do you measure remaining life and how it should be used in
the face of adversity? Productivety you say!
Are you so much better than others that you should decide
what is folly and what is wise to ensure a finding of the
pot of gold? Remember that a producer who cuts out film
as not being valuable can be poorer than the man that
picks up that what has been discarded
Art

Dale W4OP

Old May 31st 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 30 May, 22:41, Roy Lewallen wrote:
Yet another sad commentary on the sorry state of science education in
this country. Not so much the "inventor" as the dupes who have such a
poor understanding of basic fundamental principles that they believe it
and report it as news.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

By golly! Just think what have could happened to my Gaussian antenna
when "dupes who had such a poor understanding of basic fundemental
principles" that they did no

Tony Jaa wrote:
[...]

burns, and it looks in this case that salt water perhaps could be used as a

Old May 31st 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Alfred Lorona wrote:
You can't get more energy out of anything than what you put in. You
can't create energy. You can only transform it from one form to another.

After watching the video closely I grabbed a shot of his RF generator's
meter. The scale goes to 1400 watts. So just for the fun of it lets
assume the efficiency and say he is drawing 1.5kw to get a little orange
flame. I think a light bulb would do much better and that's not a good
example of efficiency.

Paul
Old May 31st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dale Parfitt wrote:
Actually, it was art who wrote:

I cringe at the idea of the news media filtering out the garbage!

Turns out they don't do very much filtering anymore, Art. It used to
be called verification, and corroboration of sources. At one time the
practice was even considered a journalistic prerequisite. But they
have done away with that formality now for the most part. This
provides us with immediate and unfettered access to mountainous heaps
of garbage printed in newspapers and broadcast on the nightly news -
and which is gleaned in no small part from that irreproachable font of
knowledge and wisdom known as the internet.

Firesign Theater once proclaimed 'Everything You Know is Wrong'.
Thanks to the above it is now possible for that to be literally true;
a fact which evidences itself with greater profusion each election day.

ac6xg

Old May 31st 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message
[...]

just get him together with art. maybe if they put the 1400w into a gaussian
antenna they can aim it and get the efficiency up over 100% and set the
whole ocean on fire!

Old June 1st 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 31 May, 15:16, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

whole ocean on fire!- Hide quoted text -

I fail to see what the fuss is about. So a guy is trying to invent
something,
is this a threat to anybody? We had a guy locally who was running his
car
on oil from McDonalds but it didn't worry people that maybe they would
put
french fries in the tank. You see something or read something in the
media
and it is then up to you to determine if you wish secrete the
information
in your mind or not. But if your common sense cannot corroborate the
veracity of the statement then you move on as the world will never do
what you feel it should do. On the other hand ,is this a story that
allows
a sorry state of illiteracy to take comfort that he has found
something
he is safe in ridiculling and to take center stage and sound off?
Since the internet has come along it has allowed arrogance to grow
where formally
to be heard you had to face the person directly and be ready if a
bunch of fives
comes towards your face. Now all can use their free speech in any way
they want
and in complete safety. But to have free speech or the opportunity to
succeed
one must accept the downsides and if you don't like it make a fuss
and
organise to get it stopped and don't worry that the person voted to
enforce the rules turnes out to be a Hitler. Is this inventor guy
really a threat
to our Country? Is it possible that the populace will be duped into
the idea
of putting sea water in the gas tank to get a taste of the good life?
Let it go and get a life. Become open minded so that the little brain
you
have will fall out and take your worries away with it .I assure you
very few
will notice the difference.
Art

Old June 1st 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jim Kelley wrote:

Turns out they don't do very much filtering anymore, Art. It used to be
called verification, ...

Funny, I lived through those times. Even Walter Cronkite speculated on
such things as a conspiracy in Kennedys' death, etc. He sat there and
calmly gave you the good, the bad and the ugly. Nightly we got body
counts of the war and seen graphic picture of such things as mutilated
bodies and buddhist monks pouring gas on themselves and burning to death
in the streets of vietnam.

It is much different now. We all know it is strange on how a
congressman can go into office whose worth can be counted in thousands
and come out a multimillionaire, especially when his yearly salary is
about 100,000 or so. Reporters are so controlled they fear to say chit
if they have a mouthful!

But, back then men were more honest. Now we have family dynasty's (bush
sr., bush jr.--bill, hilary) and it is difficult to draw a line between
BIG MONEY (oil, drug companies, military contractors, etc.) and gov't.

It is good to keep in mind a saying that is as old as the hills, "Truth
is stranger than fiction." And, I have found it is hardly ever the
perpetrator who ends up in the slammer--he has had a good bit of time to
plan his crime and has a suitable and believable fall guy(s) set up way
ahead of time.

And, before anyone accuses me of being a conspiracy nut, my whole life
has been a conspiracy. A conspiracy to take someone elses' money and
put it in my pocket (legally--or at least without breaking the law!) A
conspiracy to be an "insider" and "fortune teller" and walk away with
the money others have lost in "the game." A conspiracy to place myself,
my wife, my family, my community, my county, my state and my country
ahead of all others.

It really all depends on how you look at things, doesn't it?

No, if some nut is claiming something, I wanna know about it. While I
am still sucking air and not dirt, I will attempt to captain my ship.
If some of the crew are screaming insane things, I wanna know about that
too ... if it damages others psyches, so be it. If I am fooled, I'll be
that much smarter next time ...

JS