Old May 31st 07, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Linear loaded 40 meter antenna question.

I have a copy of a magazine article, published in July 2002 QST, that
describes a linear loaded antenna for 40 meters. The loading section is made
of 450 ohm window type ladder line.

I am considering using it as part of a fan dipole in my attic and am
wondering if anyone has tried this configuration on 15 meters as well as 40.

If so, what should I expect? Are there any pitfalls I should be concerned to
avoid? Etc.

Thanks and 73.

Steve
WB6RIB

Old June 1st 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Steve" wrote in
t:

I have a copy of a magazine article, published in July 2002 QST, that
describes a linear loaded antenna for 40 meters. The loading section
is made of 450 ohm window type ladder line.

I am considering using it as part of a fan dipole in my attic and am
wondering if anyone has tried this configuration on 15 meters as well
as 40.

If so, what should I expect? Are there any pitfalls I should be
concerned to avoid? Etc.

Steve,

The artice at http://www.vk1od.net/cobra/index.htm may be of interest.

Owen