RadioBanter

-   -   ARISS antenna selection? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/120701-ariss-antenna-selection.html)

Jim - NN7K June 20th 07 01:53 AM

ARISS antenna selection?

And, another- the "Eggbeater" Named for its looks
(omnidirectional- multi polarity, couple loops
offset 90 Degs) And BTW, ISS on packet, can be
heard useing ringo, or less! Getting back to
them may take MORE Umph, as they use two back to back
packsets for their packet/ ham station! Jim NN7K

W4WNT wrote:
Hi Steve,

Take a look at the "Cheap Yagi" page of the Clear Lake (TX) ARC. You could
make a very inexpensive crossed yagi following their instructions.

Good luck,

Bill, W4WNT

"Steve Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have read a circularly polarized Yagi is appropriate for ARISS
communications. Is there a vendor that offers a crossed design? Or, better
still, is there a construction article that I can refer to?

What are you using for this type of communication?

I'm trying to set up a contact for my son's school class.

73,
Steve
W1KF