RadioBanter

-   -   20 gaussian questions for art (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/121068-20-gaussian-questions-art.html)

Dave June 25th 07 09:10 PM

20 gaussian questions for art

Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch, we may yet figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a gaussian antenna?

art June 26th 07 01:28 AM

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch, we may yet figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a gaussian antenna?

Not necessary Dave. Richard is very familiar with the subject at hand
as well as its underpinnings that can be understood by EEs
and is providing a reference that will make all things clear.
You asked for it and your wish is going to be granted in a clear
and precise manner that you and the group have requested.
You should now be able to build it yourself with out mumbo jumbo
from me to confuse you.
No need for me anymore, you now have an expert at your call.
Don't forget Poyntings input.
Art

Hal Rosser June 26th 07 06:31 AM

"Dave" wrote in message
Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch, we may yet figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a gaussian antenna?

This may help
http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...Images &gbv=2
and
http://www.frc.utexas.edu/meetings/HTPD04/austin.pdf

John Smith I June 26th 07 06:38 AM

20 gaussian questions for art

Hal Rosser wrote:

[stuff]

Huh?

And, I keep thinking he is into H & E fields!

JS

[email protected] June 26th 07 07:24 PM

On Jun 25, 1:10 pm, "Dave" wrote:
Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch, we may yet figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a gaussian antenna?

I was tempted to ask this or something like it but art has never
answered any of my questions. good luck

Dave June 26th 07 10:21 PM

20 gaussian questions for art

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch, we may yet
figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a gaussian antenna?

Not necessary Dave. Richard is very familiar with the subject at hand
as well as its underpinnings that can be understood by EEs
and is providing a reference that will make all things clear.
You asked for it and your wish is going to be granted in a clear
and precise manner that you and the group have requested.
You should now be able to build it yourself with out mumbo jumbo
from me to confuse you.
No need for me anymore, you now have an expert at your call.
Don't forget Poyntings input.
Art

whats a 'Richard'??

I want to hear it straight from the source. I have asked over and over for
you to define the terms and you can't put it into words this poor engineer
can understand, so i thought we would try to build an example from the
bottom up. but if you can't help with that then maybe the whole thing is
just out of my reach and i should go back to good old yagis and phased
arrays.

art June 26th 07 11:01 PM

20 gaussian questions for art

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

arrays.- Hide quoted text -

Sounds reasonable

Dave June 26th 07 11:17 PM

20 gaussian questions for art

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

if it sounds so reasonable, how many wires does it take?

art June 27th 07 12:05 AM

20 gaussian questions for art

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

if it sounds so reasonable, how many wires does it take?- Hide quoted text -

As many as you want and have fun.
The subject is dead. Let it go
Join the boiling water saga that
is where the action is
Art

Dave June 27th 07 12:09 AM

20 gaussian questions for art

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

no, this is my subject so i'll say when it's dead... i don't want to know
how many i can use, i want to know the minimum number necessary.