Old July 3rd 07, 03:29 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

Default How can such a small device -- a wrist watch -- receive such long-wave radio signals?

Radium wrote:

[snip]

Sorry, I am now extremely interested and frustrated about how the
wris****ch can be so tiny yet receive so long-wave signals.

Just how does such a magical device work? It seems to defy laws of
science that such a small device can operate at such long-wavelengths
of radio waves.

I suspect it's probably something those FBI/CIA *******s are going to
keep secret from us.

If you weren't a babbling imbecile you would realize that the fact
that you can buy a wris****ch with a LW receiver in it means that the
technology is not classified (or do you harbor the delusion that the
FBI/CIA [sic] makes the watches?)

Paul Cardinale

Old July 3rd 07, 03:59 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

On Jul 2, 7:29 pm, Paul Cardinale wrote:

If you weren't a babbling imbecile you would realize that the fact
that you can buy a wris****ch with a LW receiver in it means that the
technology is not classified (or do you harbor the delusion that the
FBI/CIA [sic] makes the watches?)

In the thread where I talk about analog cell phones using AM radio
between 40 KHz - 285Khz, responders told me that it is impractical
because the receiver would need to be too big to be portable.

Then the topic of how wrist-watches can receiver long-wave while still
being so small began.

From the links and from what the responders said -- in that thread, it

seemed that there just wasn't any explanation as to how wrist-watches
could operate in long-wave.

Usually with weird gadgetry like this, I tend to believe someone [or a
lot of someones] is/are attempting to cover up a new type of
technology that somehow exists and functions despite defying
conventional laws of science.

I then get extremely curious, jealous, and angry and want to forcibly
get information as to how it is possible for that device to work. I
want to torture the designers -- who I believe are the CIA/FBI -- into
providing me the information. Its only human nature to be interested
in things that seem too good to be true yet are still possible and
existing with full functionality.

I start to believe only the CIA/FBI could be doing something like this
because they are the smartest and most evil *******s in the universe.
Cold-hearted CIA f-kfoams.

I get the feeling that the exploitative sadistic CIA/FBI know about
science that ordinary USA citizens are not allowed to know about.

I then want the CIA/FBI to suffer for what I perceive as their
"stinginess".

Anyways...

So I guess it is possible to have analog AM cell phones operating
between 40 KHz and 285 KHz that are the same small size as today's
cell phones. Right? If it's not possible then why not? If a wrist
watch can do it, then why not a cell phone?

Old July 3rd 07, 04:11 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics
DTC DTC is offline

Radium wrote:
So I guess it is possible to have analog AM cell phones operating
between 40 KHz and 285 KHz that are the same small size as today's
cell phones. Right? If it's not possible then why not? If a wrist
watch can do it, then why not a cell phone?

If a wrist watch can to what? Transmit a signal? They don't, they only
receive.

Old July 3rd 07, 04:14 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics
DTC DTC is offline

Radium wrote:
So I guess it is possible to have analog AM cell phones operating
between 40 KHz and 285 KHz that are the same small size as today's
cell phones. Right? If it's not possible then why not? If a wrist
watch can do it, then why not a cell phone?

Actually, this thread or logic reminds me of a redneck wanting me to
connect his 40 watt car stereo amplifier to his CB radio 30 years ago.

Old July 3rd 07, 04:15 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Radium wrote:

snip idiocy

So I guess it is possible to have analog AM cell phones operating
between 40 KHz and 285 KHz that are the same small size as today's
cell phones. Right? If it's not possible then why not? If a wrist
watch can do it, then why not a cell phone?

Bandwidth, you babbling idiot.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old July 3rd 07, 04:29 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

Actually, most likely, the reason these work, is
because you (and most people) live under the
Biggest Long-Wave Antenna around (Power lines,
telephone cables, TV cables, ect)! And, those
that doubt, tell me the range with a lousy
antenna, that Jim Creek, and Ect. can be copied!
this is around 18 KHz ! Corse, doent hurt
to have a massive antenna, and beaucoup power
! BTW, THAT signal is also used to sync
generators on the Power Grid (wonder what
would happen in a power co got even 1%
out of phase? Answer: Meltdown! Jim NN7K

Old July 3rd 07, 12:43 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

I start to believe only the CIA/FBI could be doing something like this
because they are the smartest and most evil *******s in the universe.
Cold-hearted CIA f-kfoams.

I get the feeling that the exploitative sadistic CIA/FBI know about
science that ordinary USA citizens are not allowed to know about.

I then want the CIA/FBI to suffer for what I perceive as their
"stinginess".

Anyways...

So I guess it is possible to have analog AM cell phones operating
between 40 KHz and 285 KHz that are the same small size as today's
cell phones. Right? If it's not possible then why not? If a wrist
watch can do it, then why not a cell phone?

All this for 245kHz of band space in a frequency area of high noise and
long propagation paths.

Engineering would dictate looking elsewhere.

But hey, you want to try, go ahead. I believe there are allocations in
the above spectrum for transmitting a couple watts into a antenna less
than three feet long. I would think a wrist watch transmitter would qualify.

Google up VLF, melt some solder, and let us know how you do.

Chris
Old July 4th 07, 03:33 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics
art art is offline

On 3 Jul, 04:43, Christopher Cox
wrote:
[...]

Chris- Hide quoted text -

Chris, the antenna used in wrist watches can only be used to store
information.
Since the antenna is based on superconductors the watch has to be
cooled to a extremely low temperature
before the data becomes accessable.That method has not been made
public outside the military.
One can consider the analogy of cold weather antennas generally known
where under certain environmental conditions transmission can be
stored, and with the onset of warm weather ice particles in the shape
of dots and dashes gradually emerge in data form so the transmission
can be decoded.
If you wash your arms and hands with your watch strapped on then time
is on your side as decoding is near impossible.
Art

Old July 4th 07, 04:42 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

Jim - NN7K wrote:

! BTW, THAT signal is also used to sync
generators on the Power Grid (wonder what
would happen in a power co got even 1%
out of phase? Answer: Meltdown!

No, if they are trying to run too fast, the current output will
increase, and the paower plant's breakers will disconnect it from the
grid. If it slows down, it will draw current, and become a motor. The
only "meltdown" is the customer's. If too many generators go off line
there is a massive brown out, or blackout.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old July 4th 07, 04:44 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless,sci.physics

Christopher Cox wrote:

[...]

170 to 190 KHZ, with limits on power and antenna size.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida