RadioBanter

-   -   RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/121774-rg-142-rg-303-stranded.html)

Danny Richardson July 13th 07 02:48 PM

RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded?

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain ether RG-142 or RG-303
coax with a stranded center conductor? If so, do you know of a source?

Thanks,
Danny, KYMHE

Danny Richardson July 13th 07 02:51 PM

RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded?

NUTS! Make that call sign K6MHE

Jay in the Mojave July 13th 07 04:16 PM

RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded?

Danny Richardson wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain ether RG-142 or RG-303
coax with a stranded center conductor? If so, do you know of a source?

Thanks,
Danny, KYMHE

Hello Danny:

Look at RG400 its the same as RG142B, but has a stranded center wire.

But is a little harder to solder some pins or sockets on it. The RG142B
uses a spring steel center conductor that is silver plated. The RG142B
will not break or come apart. I have used surplus RG142B on my 2 meter
and 440 antennas for years with the door slamming on it all the time.

Jay in the Mojave

Danny Richardson July 13th 07 06:05 PM

RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded?

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:16:29 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

Hello Danny:

Look at RG400 its the same as RG142B, but has a stranded center wire.

But is a little harder to solder some pins or sockets on it. The RG142B
uses a spring steel center conductor that is silver plated. The RG142B
will not break or come apart. I have used surplus RG142B on my 2 meter
and 440 antennas for years with the door slamming on it all the time.

Jay in the Mojave

That's it!

Thanks Jay

73,