Old July 13th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default RG-142 or RG-303 Stranded?

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain ether RG-142 or RG-303
coax with a stranded center conductor? If so, do you know of a source?

Thanks,
Danny, KYMHE

Old July 13th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Danny Richardson wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain ether RG-142 or RG-303
coax with a stranded center conductor? If so, do you know of a source?

Thanks,
Danny, KYMHE

Hello Danny:

Look at RG400 its the same as RG142B, but has a stranded center wire.

But is a little harder to solder some pins or sockets on it. The RG142B
uses a spring steel center conductor that is silver plated. The RG142B
will not break or come apart. I have used surplus RG142B on my 2 meter
and 440 antennas for years with the door slamming on it all the time.

Jay in the Mojave
Old July 13th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:16:29 -0700, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

Hello Danny:

Look at RG400 its the same as RG142B, but has a stranded center wire.

But is a little harder to solder some pins or sockets on it. The RG142B
uses a spring steel center conductor that is silver plated. The RG142B
will not break or come apart. I have used surplus RG142B on my 2 meter
and 440 antennas for years with the door slamming on it all the time.

Jay in the Mojave

That's it!

Thanks Jay

73,