Old July 28th 07, 08:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Default OT Message: My Disability

Hi Everyone:

I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

I would like to give you some information about my disability. The
reason I am posting this message about Asperger's is to help avoid any
potential misunderstandings [though it's probably too late].

I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome (AS). AS is a
neurological condition that causes significant impairment in social
interactions. People with AS see the world differently and this can
often bring them in conflict with conventional ways of thinking. They
have difficulty in reading body language, and interpreting subtle
cues. In my situation, I have significant difficulty with natural
conversation, reading social cues, and maintaining eye contact. This
can lead to a great deal of misunderstanding about my intent or my
behavior. For example, I may not always know what to say in social
situations, so I may look away or may not say anything. I also may not
always respond quickly when asked direct questions, but if given time
I am able express my ideas.

On Usenet, the text-equivalent of my disability is probably noticed. I
do apologize profusely, for any inconvenience it causes.

Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, cooperation,
and assistance.

Regards,

Radium

Old July 28th 07, 09:15 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Radium wrote:
Hi Everyone:

I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.

Poor baby.

Join a support group and stop making inane usenet postings.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 29th 07, 01:50 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Would that be inane CROSS-postings?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
: In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Radium
wrote:
: Hi Everyone:
:
: I have a neurological disability called Asperger's Syndrome.
:
: Poor baby.
:
: Join a support group and stop making inane usenet postings.
:
: --
: Jim Pennino
:
: Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Old July 29th 07, 02:47 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

Do you drink a lot of diet soft drinks or have you used a lot of
artificial sweetners?? People who are heavy users of these tend to get a
range of neurological problems. There was a pretty good documentary on
it I downloaded, a lot of research behind it, can't remeber the name
now.

Old July 29th 07, 03:35 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 21:08:41 -0500, Stuart Grey
wrote in
:

[...]

Because ever since King George got into the White House, a lot of
people learned that they can set higher goals in spite of their
autism!

Old July 29th 07, 03:37 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

the_blogologist wrote:

Do you drink a lot of diet soft drinks or have you used a lot of
artificial sweetners?? People who are heavy users of these tend to get a
range of neurological problems. There was a pretty good documentary on
it I downloaded, a lot of research behind it, can't remeber the name
now.

Loss of memory?

Do you drink a lot of diet soft drinks or have you used a lot of
artificial sweetners?? People who are heavy users of these tend to get a
range of neurological problems. There was a pretty good documentary on
it I downloaded, a lot of research behind it, can't remeber the name
now.

--
Notan
Old July 29th 07, 08:25 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave
Lee Lee is offline

"Radium" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

So you`re a typical radio ham then ????

Lee......G6ZSG....

Old July 29th 07, 03:18 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

On Jul 28, 11:35 pm, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
[...]

Finally someone has noted that Asperger's Syndrome is one form of
autism. If you visit your local schools you will find whole
classrooms full of autistic kids - almost entirely boys. It's an
epidemic!

For Radium to be able to post his message places him in the "high-
functioning" category. Many are not high-functioning.

Old July 29th 07, 03:41 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,misc.survivalism,alt.survival,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 07:25:16 +0000, Lee wrote:

"Radium" wrote in message
[...]

I tried ham once... but I didn't have any disabilities or illnesses to
share over the radio.

Lee......G6ZSG....

For all we know, it's Bill Gates.

I've got a knee injury. Just thought I'd mention that since we're doing
confessions.