Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 30th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default 80+40 MTR Dipole

I have just built a 80 mtr dipole c/w 1:1 balun ,feed with RG8X coax
works great, really dont even need a tuner(which i am trying to get away
from)
here is what i want to do.I would like to get 40mtrs on it,without using
tuner,so I want to use a couple of latching realys to open the dipole up at
the 40 mtr section of the dipole,1 relay for each leg.
I want to use latching relays so they do not have to be energized when i am
on 80mtr portion or viseversa if i use the normally closed contact.I was
going to feed 1 end of the realy coil from the sheild of the coax and run 1
wire for the other side of the coil to my switch point.Does anyone have a
better idea on how to do this or is this all a waste of time.If this is ok
to do and worth it does anyone have a realy PRT# I could use,I only run 100
watts max
Also i have tried to strap on a 40mtr dipole to the 80mtr and the 40 would
not tune at all and I dont have the room to run the 40mtr dipole away from
the 80mtr
thanx
Howard
VE4ISP

80m+40m dipole Cecil Moore Antenna 2 February 24th 07 09:33 PM
Fat dipole for FM [email protected] Antenna 42 February 6th 05 02:26 AM
best low dipole? ml Antenna 2 December 31st 04 07:15 PM
Help with dipole please? Hammer Equipment 0 February 7th 04 05:51 PM
Vee vs. Dipole Matthew and Wendy Plante Antenna 8 August 25th 03 11:38 AM