RadioBanter

-   -   Repairing A Broken Trap? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/124364-repairing-broken-trap.html)

Clayton August 31st 07 07:48 AM

Repairing A Broken Trap?

Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Jerry Martes August 31st 07 03:45 PM

Repairing A Broken Trap?

"Clayton" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Hi Clayton

Would you consider visiting a welding store? There are lots of aluminum
welding wires (consumables) available.

Jerry

Irv Finkleman August 31st 07 05:01 PM

Repairing A Broken Trap?

Clayton wrote:
Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Replace it with copper. You won't know the difference.

Irv VE6BP

Clayton September 2nd 07 06:53 AM

Repairing A Broken Trap?

Thanks Guys
I forgot all about the Boiler Works here. I checked with them and they
will have some in next week.

I Appreciate the help