Old August 31st 07, 07:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Repairing A Broken Trap?

Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Old August 31st 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Clayton" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Hi Clayton

Would you consider visiting a welding store? There are lots of aluminum
welding wires (consumables) available.

Jerry

Old August 31st 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Clayton wrote:
Hi,
I am needing to repair a trap on my beam antenna...while cleaning the
corrosion off the windings inside,the last inch or so broke off and I
am unable to reattach it.
It is approximately 10 gauge Aluminum wire and as luck would have it I
cant find a place around here that sells any. I don't want to buy
online as I only need about 2 foot or so.

Any ideas as to what I should do to remedy the problem?

Any help would be greatly Appreciated
Thank You

Replace it with copper. You won't know the difference.

Irv VE6BP
Old September 2nd 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Thanks Guys
I forgot all about the Boiler Works here. I checked with them and they
will have some in next week.

I Appreciate the help