Old February 15th 04, 02:50 AM
Ice Sickle

Default Antenna Recommendations

thinking of ditching my Cable provider and since im only
using basic cable package i won't be missing out on anything if cancel their
service. However i think the reception in my area is kind of bad because i
can barely speak on my cellular phone. So i need someone to help me pick the
antenna im going to buy:
I figure I should go with amplified antennas:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

They have several options on this page. I'm living in a heavily populated
area with a lot of bulding nearby but i do live on a forth floor of a 6
story building so hopefully that will help
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Old February 15th 04, 11:16 AM
Leigh

"Ice Sickle" wrote in
et:

thinking of ditching my Cable provider and since im only
using basic cable package i won't be missing out on anything if cancel
their service. However i think the reception in my area is kind of bad
because i can barely speak on my cellular phone. So i need someone to
help me pick the antenna im going to buy:
I figure I should go with amplified antennas:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....08000%2Bcat080
51%2Bcat08079&id=cat08079&navLevelAcc=3&type=categ ory

They have several options on this page. I'm living in a heavily
populated area with a lot of bulding nearby but i do live on a forth
floor of a 6 story building so hopefully that will help
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

Yes.

No.

Maybe.

Why not 'try'?
Old February 15th 04, 11:27 AM
mike

the fact that the phone is of no good as such has little to do with if tv is
any good.
that depends on the nearest cell.
i'd plumb for a freeview box (about £60) but as with tv your flat must be
facing the right way or your snookered.

use the postcode bit on the freeview site etc to see if you are covered then
work out which way you need to point the aerial.

a good guide to this or terrestrial tv answers is to look on roofs.
which way are they pointing?
if you can point that way for either system, then bingo you've cracked it.
i doubt you will need much or any amplification in line being so high.

the BBC site under transmitters will also confirm your nearest one & which
way to point

mike

"Ice Sickle" wrote in message
et...
thinking of ditching my Cable provider and since im only
using basic cable package i won't be missing out on anything if cancel

their
service. However i think the reception in my area is kind of bad because i
can barely speak on my cellular phone. So i need someone to help me pick

the
antenna im going to buy:
I figure I should go with amplified antennas:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

They have several options on this page. I'm living in a heavily populated
area with a lot of bulding nearby but i do live on a forth floor of a 6
story building so hopefully that will help
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category

---

Old February 15th 04, 02:42 PM
Rv!

i'd plumb for a freeview box (about £60) but as with tv your flat must be
facing the right way or your snookered.

He's a US based hamster.

Rv!