Old February 15th 04, 07:50 AM
Steve Trook

Default diople help

Soon to be new to HF. I need help in choosing a dipole. I want to work
10-80 meters but low on space.....any ideas? help??

Old February 15th 04, 02:22 PM
Bob Miller

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 07:50:58 GMT, "Steve Trook"
wrote:

Soon to be new to HF. I need help in choosing a dipole. I want to work
10-80 meters but low on space.....any ideas? help??

See the March 2004 QST article on the "classic multi-band dipole."

Also, the ARRL Antenna Handbook will give you a lot of ideas.

bob
k5qwg

Old February 15th 04, 02:38 PM
nick smith

Or a vertical with an SGC at the bottom with some counterpoise / earth rods
or an inverted V with an SGC at the centre and wires sloping down to a
few feet off the ground.
Not related to SGC other than as an impressed customer of some time
and have two others to whom I have suggested this who are equally
impressed for an aerial of modest dimensions

Nick

Old February 15th 04, 05:17 PM
Mr Dygi

Bob Miller wrote in
:

ARRL Antenna Handbook will give you a lot of ideas.

Is it accessible online? Any link?

--
pzdr. Szynter Krzysztof GG#1027078
mail.to: dygimail(at)poczta(dot)fm
Old February 15th 04, 06:39 PM
Cecil Moore

Mr Dygi wrote:

Bob Miller wrote:
ARRL Antenna Handbook will give you a lot of ideas.

Is it accessible online? Any link?

You must think the ARRL is a non-profit organization. :-)

Perhaps, this URL will give you some ideas: http://www.cebik.com/
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old February 15th 04, 08:49 PM
Phillip Jockell

Let me take the opportunity.

This web page is THE standard for antenna information
(www.cebik.com.)

This person has made a real contribution to ham radio.
Wish I understood a third of the great knowlege shown
here.

Thank you Mr. Moore.

Phil - N4GWV

Cecil Moore wrote in
:

Old February 15th 04, 09:05 PM
Mr Dygi

Cecil Moore wrote in
:

You must think the ARRL is a non-profit organization. :-)

I am looking for information about building antenna's (the simplest models)
as much as am looking for free downloadable books for newbies.

Perhaps, this URL will give you some ideas: http://www.cebik.com/

Thanks

Old February 15th 04, 03:10 PM
Cecil Moore

Steve Trook wrote:
Soon to be new to HF. I need help in choosing a dipole. I want to work
10-80 meters but low on space.....any ideas? help??

The G5RV length, 102 feet, will work on 75m-10m fed with ladder-line through
a balanced tuner. Another idea is to put up a 50-66 ft dipole center fed with
ladder-line for 40m-10m. Short the two lines together at the tuner output for
75m. This is called feeding it Marconi style and requires a counterpoise. The
ARRL Antenna Book contains a wealth of information (most of it valid :-).
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old February 16th 04, 04:11 PM
Mikey

Steve, how low on space are you? There are a lot of us out here with our
pet wire antennas, but we can't recommend them unless we know how much room
you've got.

How about this one? Stick a pole up in the center of your roof, as high as
it will stand without guys (probably 10 ft). From there, run two wires down
to either end of the house, then, from the edges of the roof, run the wires
to the far back corners of your yard, then along the fence-top, until the
ends of the wires are about to meet. Feed it with twin lead and a tuner.
It's not a monster, but it will get you on the air, and will work DX, if you
know what you're doing...

- Mike KI6PR
El Rancho R.F., Ca

"Steve Trook" wrote