Old October 2nd 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default FYI: RF Calculator

Just found this
http://www.bird-technologies.com/tec...alc_3-6-06.xls

Lamont

Old October 2nd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default RF Calculator

"The Shadow" wrote in message
Just found this
http://www.bird-technologies.com/tec...alc_3-6-06.xls

Lamont

Tell us a little about what it is, and I may run it. I don't download/run
files about which I know nothing, and "RF Calculator" doesn't say very
much...

Dave

Old October 2nd 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message

"The Shadow" wrote in message
Just found this
http://www.bird-technologies.com/tec...alc_3-6-06.xls

Lamont

Tell us a little about what it is, and I may run it. I don't download/run
files about which I know nothing, and "RF Calculator" doesn't say very
much...

Dave

Sorry should have included a description

RF Calculator --From Bird Electronic Corp -- Includes Power, VSWR & Return
Loss, Frequency & Wavelength, Attenuation, Directivity, Cable Loss, Masking
Effect, Field Strength, Free Space Loss and Metric Conversions

Lamont

Old October 2nd 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , The Shadow
writes

"Dave" wrote in message

"The Shadow" wrote in message
Just found this
http://www.bird-technologies.com/tec...alc_3-6-06.xls

Lamont

Tell us a little about what it is, and I may run it. I don't
download/run files about which I know nothing, and "RF Calculator"
doesn't say very much...

Dave

Sorry should have included a description

RF Calculator --From Bird Electronic Corp -- Includes Power, VSWR &
Return Loss, Frequency & Wavelength, Attenuation, Directivity, Cable
Loss, Masking Effect, Field Strength, Free Space Loss and Metric
Conversions

My machine won't let me access this file.
"Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected an intrusion attempt".
--
Ian
Old October 3rd 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
news
In message , The Shadow
writes

"Dave" wrote in message

"The Shadow" wrote in message
Just found this
http://www.bird-technologies.com/tec...alc_3-6-06.xls

Lamont

Tell us a little about what it is, and I may run it. I don't
download/run files about which I know nothing, and "RF Calculator"
doesn't say very much...

Dave

Sorry should have included a description

RF Calculator --From Bird Electronic Corp -- Includes Power, VSWR & Return
Loss, Frequency & Wavelength, Attenuation, Directivity, Cable Loss,
Masking Effect, Field Strength, Free Space Loss and Metric Conversions

My machine won't let me access this file.
"Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected an intrusion attempt".
--
Ian

Hmm can't imagine. It works fine here -- I use CA Anti-Virus.
Norton slowed my computer to a crawl and gave goofy messages like yours, so
I quit Norton several years ago.

A friend who works in aerospace suggested this site as he has used it often
for his work.

Lamont

Old October 3rd 07, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 16:51:40 -0700, "The Shadow"
wrote:

My machine won't let me access this file.
"Norton Internet Worm Protection has detected an intrusion attempt".
--
Ian

Hmm can't imagine. It works fine here -- I use CA Anti-Virus.

Hi All,

I ran ClamWin against it, says its fine when compared with 157642
known virii. Anyone with a report to the contrary, and a name to go
with the infection can chime in anytime (who knows when the next Ebola
will arrive, Norton will certainly be able to perform an autopsy after
the fact).

Norton slowed my computer to a crawl and gave goofy messages like yours, so
I quit Norton several years ago.

Amen. ClamWin can be configured to check incoming email, but
otherwise is passive until you tell it what to check - a file, a
folder, a disk - for free. It even updates itself - quickly.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old October 3rd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In message , Richard Clark
writes
wrote:

[...]

All comments noted. I'll investigate why NAV is rejecting this file.
--
Ian

RF Exposure calculator KØHB General 1 December 4th 04 04:14 PM
ARRL L C FRQ cardboard calculator Wbelsito Swap 0 November 17th 04 03:31 AM
BPL Calculator in Australia Stephen Newlyn Shortwave 0 October 8th 04 09:33 AM
Troughline Calculator Tom Homebrew 4 December 1st 03 01:01 PM
Troughline Calculator Tom Homebrew 0 November 30th 03 02:10 PM