Old October 17th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Help identify 3 ele beam

I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

1. It uses large diameter, single traps. These are identified with color
coded lables (red, green and blue - radiator, director, etc.)

2. It doesn't have a "beta-match" - rather, it looks like the driven
element is directly connected to the coax. The mounting of the driven
element is almost exactly like the Hy-Gain style with insulators that
are mounted into a clamp that surrounds the boom.

3. The director and reflector use boom mounts that are different than
Hy-Gains. The mounts are made from aluminum extrusion and use a circular
opening to mount to the boom and have a wide, flat top that the element
bolts to.

Does anyone know what make and model this 3 element beam is? After I
'ID' it I can then get the assembly instructions so I know what
dimensions to set up since all of the joints on the elements are
"sliding joints" with clamps,

Thanks for the help,
Henry W7YBS

Old October 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Henry Rogers" wrote in message
I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

1. It uses large diameter, single traps. These are identified with color
coded lables (red, green and blue - radiator, director, etc.)

This is exactly like my old Mosley TA33Jr. Not at all like the HyGain TH3.
Ditto for #2. On my TH33Jr, the elements were mounted via aluminum blocks
with little U bolts. If it is Mosley, the length of the boom will be a
giveaway as to which model. I would try to download some manuals from the
Mosley web site; it might be mosleyelec.com.

Tam

Old October 17th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
No Name

"Henry Rogers" wrote in message
I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

Henry:
What you have is an old Wilson antenna, most likely a System 33.
There are some manuals on the web, but I don't remember if this would be
one of them.
Majestic Communications here in Memphis bought the Wilson line many years
ago.
They have a FEW parts left, but they should be of some help for a manual.
Try 901 / 794-9494, and don't let them know I sent you!!!

Mike W5CHR
Memphis

Old October 17th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Henry Rogers" wrote in message
I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

1. It uses large diameter, single traps. These are identified with color
coded lables (red, green and blue - radiator, director, etc.)

This is exactly like my old Mosley TA33Jr. Not at all like the HyGain TH3.
Ditto for #2. On my TH33Jr, the elements were mounted via aluminum
blocks with little U bolts. If it is Mosley, the length of the boom will
be a giveaway as to which model. I would try to download some manuals from
the Mosley web site; it might be mosleyelec.com.

Unless Mosley has changed their policy they do not have any manuals on their
web site. A local ham tried to get some emailed from them and they would
not do it, but would sell him the manuals.

Old October 18th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Tam/WB2TT" wrote in message

"Henry Rogers" wrote in message
I bought a 3 element trap yagi antenna that was disassembled. I was told
it was a Hy-Gain model. After laying out the parts I can see that it
doesn't look like a Hy-Gain model because of the following:

1. It uses large diameter, single traps. These are identified with color
coded lables (red, green and blue - radiator, director, etc.)

This is exactly like my old Mosley TA33Jr. Not at all like the HyGain TH3.
Ditto for #2. On my TH33Jr, the elements were mounted via aluminum
blocks with little U bolts. If it is Mosley, the length of the boom will
be a giveaway as to which model. I would try to download some manuals from
the Mosley web site; it might be mosleyelec.com.

Couln't find manuals at the Mosley site URL:
http://www.mosley-electronics.com/

But BAMA has the manual for the TA33JR
http://bama.sbc.edu/mosley.htm

LAMONT

Old October 18th 07, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Thanks for the help. The antenna is not a Mosley. I used to have a
TA-33Jr. but this antenna is much larger. KW rated traps at least. I'll
go with the Wilson SY-33 answer and see what I can find out. Thanks.
Henry W7YBS

Trying to Identify?? John Doe Antenna 1 September 18th 07 08:24 AM
FS Mosley TA53M Beam NIB/Trade for Hex Beam Charlie Hugg Boatanchors 0 July 31st 06 12:20 AM
FS Mosley TA53M Beam/Trade for Hex Beam Charlie Hugg Equipment 0 July 31st 06 12:19 AM
Identify beam Terry Ashland Antenna 2 June 21st 04 02:51 AM
Help identify this amp... joedirt1970 CB 0 March 15th 04 01:17 AM