Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 9th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Is it possible to ask questions here?

Is it possible to ask questions here without triggering an arcane debate
about competing views of theory. I'm about to find out. I asked
earlier in another thread what measuring instruments I would need to
have the use of in order to compare the effective radiated power of
different antennas. As near as I can tell there was no answer.

I built a collinear J pole using copper tubing. I'd like to know if it
is more or less effective at radiating whatever works to the stations
I'd like to be able to talk to under conditions of emergency operation
then say a collinear ground plane or any other omni directional antenna.

I would like to deploy the most effective practical antennas that field
testing can devise and not have to wait until the next breakthrough in
physics to be able to get my local governments Email out to my county's
government, the state government and the responding relief forces.

My question, again, is what measuring instruments can be effectively
applied to the comparison to provide results that will be born out by
real world performance. I have to admit that I find the endless
theoretical debate wearying. As long as it continuous then the
newsgroup will be useless to newer licensees, like my self, who would
like to get some "patient council to the beginner" from those of you who
have been there and done that. Before I have to go there and do that
would be soon enough.
--
Tom Horne, W3TDH

FM RDS questions. Ralf Ballis Broadcasting 0 August 11th 06 03:28 AM
FM RDS questions. Boki Broadcasting 0 July 26th 06 03:08 AM
More R-4b questions Rob Mills Boatanchors 2 March 12th 06 05:11 PM
Ham-Key Questions Howard General 0 January 17th 04 04:05 PM
BEWARE SPENDING TIME ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERE (WAS Electronic Questions) CW Antenna 1 September 5th 03 06:20 PM