Old February 29th 04, 12:41 AM
Geoff

Hi Paul,

The radiation level below the aerial is just the same underneath as it is
above. If radiation was "low" underneath it then no one living by a
TV/radio mast would see or hear anything! Think about it.
If you put it too close to a TV aerial your TV will get hammered, especially
if you have a digital box. You also run the risk of detuning your X50, so
the SWR will shoot up. Keep the X50 and TV aerial about 5ft apart. The
other problem is that RF from the X50 will go straight down the coax braid.
2m will do far more damage to the TV than 70cm as strange as that might
sound.

"Paul" wrote in message
Hi,

I would like to reposition my 2M/70cm Vertical (Diamond X50) to a higher
position.

One option is to mount it above the TV aerial, I understand that the

signal
radiation below the antenna is very small, does anyone have any experience
of a similar setup?

If so what kind of distances would you suggest between the antennae?

Obviously my main concern is TVI and poorer performance from the Diamond

due
to its close proximity to the TV aerial.

I'm using RG-213 for the Diamond and normal coax for the TV.

Cheers,

Paul