Old March 7th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default will it hold up to an amplifier?

Hello,

I have a quite common setup: a 100 watt rig with an antenna tuner
feeding into ladder line that runs to a 200 foot dipole up as high as
I could get it-- maybe 40 feet.

I've had fun with it, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a linear
amplifier. I'm thinking about perhaps 800-ish watts. I can't go to a
tower or yagi, as I need to be at least a little secretive.

The wire is 14 guage (stranded) in both the ladder line and in the
dipole. Can someone tell me if that will hold up to the increased
power? Any tips or other information would be great.

Thanks,
Jim

Old March 7th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

The wire is 14 guage (stranded) in both the ladder line and in the
dipole. Can someone tell me if that will hold up to the increased
power?

It will hold up just fine. Nothing to worry about.

Old March 7th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote in message
Hello,

I have a quite common setup: a 100 watt rig with an antenna tuner
feeding into ladder line that runs to a 200 foot dipole up as high as
I could get it-- maybe 40 feet.

I've had fun with it, but I'm thinking about stepping up to a linear
amplifier. I'm thinking about perhaps 800-ish watts. I can't go to a
tower or yagi, as I need to be at least a little secretive.

The wire is 14 guage (stranded) in both the ladder line and in the
dipole. Can someone tell me if that will hold up to the increased
power? Any tips or other information would be great.

Thanks,
Jim

YOu are good for the maximum legal power plus some. A dipole made out of
almost any size wire and especially # 20 and larger will handle a KW without
any problems.

How do you get hold of Swaptoberfest (Rickreall) people??? mike Swap 0 August 22nd 04 04:54 AM
BPL put on hold? shifyin Policy 2 April 2nd 04 05:58 AM
Sample-and-hold product detector Heikki Ahola Homebrew 6 February 24th 04 12:25 PM
Sample-and-hold product detector Heikki Ahola Homebrew 0 February 23rd 04 02:31 PM