Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 08, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Cobwebb feeder question

I have some questions about the choke and feed line on the Cobwebb.

Does the co-axial choke balun work better if the cable is wound on top of
each other into a tube shape rather than just winding it round and zip tying
it together in a round bundle?

Can I attach a SO239 Chassis socket to the end of the box where the coax
enters and then plug a PL259 into that for the feeder or will the socket
allow current to bypass the choke balun and enter the feed line?

Thanks

Cobwebb Homebrew Barrett Antenna 11 May 19th 08 07:37 PM
Cobwebb antenna question? Barrett Antenna 10 February 29th 08 05:29 PM
MA5B VS G3TPW CobWebb Barrett Antenna 1 October 20th 07 10:24 AM
Cobwebb Antenna Paul Logan Antenna 0 May 16th 04 11:45 PM
cobwebb David Browne Antenna 6 March 17th 04 07:13 AM