Old April 24th 08, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default TAK-TENNA

HI
Has anyone bought this small TAK-tenna HF Aerial
? or know anyone that has?

Just wonder how they got on with it.?

Patrick GW1SXN

Old April 25th 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"patrick.obrien47" wrote in message
HI
Has anyone bought this small TAK-tenna HF Aerial
? or know anyone that has?

Just wonder how they got on with it.?

Patrick GW1SXN

Just for curiosity I once ran a NEC simulation of the "TAK-tenna" on 7 MHz
at 30 ft
above an average ground. The input impedance at resonance is 3.4 ohms, and
radiation efficiency just under 9%. Using 50 ft of RG-213 the input
impedance
is 5.4 + j 12.4 ohms, and line loss 1.72 dB. Maximum gain, at a 30 degree
take-off
angle, shows -7.7 dbi. Nulls off each end are -14 dbi.

With the above results an input power of 100 W radiates 6 W. I believe they
claim
a low input VSWR. Have no idea how they achieve it without a matching
network.

73,

Frank
(VE6CB)

Old April 26th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Just for curiosity I once ran a NEC simulation of the "TAK-tenna" on 7 MHz
at 30 ft
above an average ground. The input impedance at resonance is 3.4 ohms,
and
radiation efficiency just under 9%. Using 50 ft of RG-213 the input
impedance
is 5.4 + j 12.4 ohms, and line loss 1.72 dB. Maximum gain, at a 30 degree
take-off
angle, shows -7.7 dbi. Nulls off each end are -14 dbi.

With the above results an input power of 100 W radiates 6 W. I believe
they claim
a low input VSWR. Have no idea how they achieve it without a matching
network.

Running more models, and accounting for the coaxial shield, indicates a
dramatic
improvement in radiation efficiency. Resonances are noted to have a much
better match under these conditions, and are highly dependant on coaxial
cable length and position. The NEC code below shows one version
with an indicated efficiency of 76% and a gain in the region of -1 dbi.

With a modified version of the code, including 29 ft of
vertical transmission line, the input impedance was observed to be
near 25 ohms, and resonant at 7.6 MHz. Probably playing around
with various combinations of antenna taps, transmission line length,
and position would achieve something better. Typically the program
takes 2 minutes to run, so optimizing is very tedious.

It appears that many of these ultra compact antenna designs
rely on radiation from the transmission line.

73,

Frank

CM Tek-Tenna
CE
GH 1 203 6.75 0 5 15 0.03205 0.03205 1
GM 0 0 90 90 0 0 0 0
GM 1 1 0 0 0 0 30 0
GM 100 0 0 0 0 0 0 360
GW 3 30 -6.0428 0 360.704 -6.0428 30 360.704 0.03205
GW 4 1 -300 14 1 -300 15 1 0.03205
GW 5 424 -6.0428 15 360.704 -300 14 1 0.03205
GS 0 0 0.025400
GE 1 -1 0
GN 2 0 0 0 13.0000 0.0050
FR 0 21 0 0 14 0.1
EX 0 4 1 0 1 0
TL 3 15 4 1 50.00 16.317575 ! RG-58C #20 Flex
LD 5 0 0 0 5.8001E7
RP 0 1 361 1000 60 0 1.00000 1.00000
EN

Old April 27th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 26, 10:41�am, "Frank" wrote:

It appears that many of these ultra compact antenna designs
rely on radiation from the transmission line.

Thus, the reason folks who attempt to use a balun, feedline choke or
balanced line appear to have performance problems with the Tak-tenna
-- according to eham.com reviews of the antenna.

Ken - WA8FCI
Old October 10th 12, 01:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Friday, April 25, 2008 7:50:21 AM UTC+10, patrick.obrien47 wrote:
HI
Has anyone bought this small TAK-tenna HF Aerial
? or know anyone that has?

Just wonder how they got on with it.?

Patrick GW1SXN

I tried to buy one and was stung. Was told to send a Western Union payment and he reckons it never came, so $230 odd Australian. He virtually said in email he didn't receive the payment (told me himself it will be that day) and has written the transaction off the books. So, I'm down $230 odd for the experience and he won't return my emails now.

Steer clear of the so called TAK-tenna site, you won't get your antenna. So, all in all, can't tell you how it works.

Old October 11th 12, 12:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

That antenna is simply $30 worth of PVC pipe and wire. Don't hams homebrew anything anymore?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old October 11th 12, 06:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012 09:00:03 +0200, Helmut Wabnig [email protected] ---
-.dotat wrote:

On Friday, April 25, 2008 7:50:21 AM UTC+10, patrick.obrien47 wrote:
HI
Has anyone bought this small TAK-tenna HF Aerial
? or know anyone that has?

Note the date above. This is a recycled old posting, posted by some
moron who gets his jollies reposting old messages.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old October 11th 12, 06:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"W5DXP" wrote in message
That antenna is simply $30 worth of PVC pipe and wire. Don't hams homebrew
anything anymore?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Many hams don't homebrew. They do not have to tools to do things like hams
of the past.
It is often cheaper just to buy something already made. Say I was going
to put up something like the G5RV. I have to buy some wire. The wire is
just over 100 feet. That might mean buying 500 feet on a roll or ordering
it with the postage. Then need some ladder line. Need about 35 feet. Have
to get either 50 or 100 feet if I can find it locally, probably not any
around now as most TV sets use cable or coax. Also insulators and coax to
locate. Things start to add up. Or I could get it all in one 'kit' for much
less.

Not all hams have a place to store supplies or build things that are large.
I sometimes build and sometimes buy. I just bought something to program
some radios off ebay. It was a circuit board with the parts on it. I did
have to put it in a box. The board only had 1 IC and a few capacitors and
leds on it. Two boards shipped was only $ 7.99. The shiping could have
more than that at some places. I was going to order a VHF preamp kit but
the postage put me off. They wanted $ 12.00 for postage. I could have put
50 of those kits in the $ 5.50 UPS mailing box. The kit was about the same
as the postage.