Old May 8th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default RG 174

I have alot of Belden RG 174 and will send a length to anyone in this group
who want some new coax and is willing to pay the USPS Flat Rate postage.
Contact me and tell me where to send it. I'll send it anywhere the USPS
will allow.
There is no charge for the coax, nor for the "handling".
I'm not selling this stuff. I'd like to see someone use it.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Old May 8th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jerry" wrote in message
I have alot of Belden RG 174 and will send a length to anyone in this group
who want some new coax and is willing to pay the USPS Flat Rate postage.
Contact me and tell me where to send it. I'll send it anywhere the USPS
will allow.
There is no charge for the coax, nor for the "handling".
I'm not selling this stuff. I'd like to see someone use it.

Jerry KD6JDJ

On closer inspection, the Belden coax is RG 142 B/U, not RG 174.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Old May 9th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On closer inspection, the Belden coax is RG 142 B/U, not RG 174.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Jerry, US hams must be grateful to you. That is a teflon cable that costs $2.40
per foot.

I cannot profit of your generous offer as postage to Italy would be too
expensive.

73

Tony I0JX

Old May 9th 08, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jerry" wrote in message

"Jerry" wrote in message
I have alot of Belden RG 174 and will send a length to anyone in this

group
who want some new coax and is willing to pay the USPS Flat Rate postage.
Contact me and tell me where to send it. I'll send it anywhere the USPS
will allow.
There is no charge for the coax, nor for the "handling".
I'm not selling this stuff. I'd like to see someone use it.

Jerry KD6JDJ

On closer inspection, the Belden coax is RG 142 B/U, not RG 174.

Jerry KD6JDJ

Hi Jerry,

From
http://www.belden.com/pdfs/03Belden_...s/06.76_81.pdf
(page 2), RG-142B/U is Belden's #83242...
Center Conductor: #18 solid, silver-coated copper-covered steel
Dielectric: TFE Teflon® Insulation
Shield: Double Silver-coated Copper Braid Shield (96% Coverage)
Jacket: Tinted Brown FEP
OD: 0.195"

Are you *sure* you want to give it away? Mouser wants $460/100ft for it!

73,
Bryan WA7PRC