Old May 21st 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Rigexpert AA-200 antenna analyser

Anyone using or have used a Rigexpert AA-200 Antenna Analyser?
I am interested to know good they are.

73 Andy

Old May 22nd 08, 06:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Andy" wrote in message
Anyone using or have used a Rigexpert AA-200 Antenna Analyser?
I am interested to know good they are.

73 Andy

Hi Andy,
I just ordered one- should be here early next week.

Dale W4OP

Old May 24th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hi Dale,

I found a review from Radcom on the net and it sounds good.
http://www.mixw.co.uk/product/reviewAA200.htm
I sent an e-mail to the designer of the Analyser and he says it does not
require re-calibration. After hearing that I was sold. I ordered mine last
night.
He also sent me this link http://www.rigexpert.com/index?s=aa200&f=inside if
you haven't seen it.

73 Andy

Old May 24th 08, 11:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Andy wrote:

I found a review from Radcom on the net and it sounds good.
http://www.mixw.co.uk/product/reviewAA200.htm I sent an e-mail to the
designer of the Analyser and he says it does not require re-calibration.

That feature is a two-edged sword. On the one hand, it means the
analyser is immediately ready for routine measurements. That of course
is a good feature for most of the users, most of the time.

On the other hand, if it doesn't have the *capability* to be
recalibrated when different kinds of test fixtures are attached, it
means that some useful kinds of measurements will not be possible... or
worse, will appear to be possible but may give wrong answers.
Measurements of the resonant frequencies of coaxial chokes are an
example where analysers that cannot be recalibrated will give large
errors - see the last few paragraphs of:
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

There's a place for both the simple handheld analysers and the ones that
have more features but live on a bench. It's the buyer's choice... but
whichever one you buy (or build) first, you may eventually find uses for
both.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK 'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek
Old May 26th 08, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ian White GM3SEK" wrote in message
Andy wrote:

[...]

Thsnk you for the Radcom link Andy- I had missed that.
I agree with Ian on the recal- however I think for portable use this is
ideal. I have an HP8711B for bench measurements.

Dale W4OP

Old May 26th 08, 11:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

If I was to look out for an Antenna Analyser that would do the other
measurements that the AA-200 can't do. What would be the price rang that I
could expect to pay and what would you recommend?

Old May 26th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 26 May 2008 11:03:41 +0100, "Andy"
wrote:

If I was to look out for an Antenna Analyser that would do the other
measurements that the AA-200 can't do. What would be the price rang that I
could expect to pay and what would you recommend?

73 Andy

Try this:

http://w5big.com/

73,
Danny, K6MHE
Old May 28th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

My Rigexpert AA-200 has just arrived from
http://www.radioworld.co.uk/~radio/c...fec46917ed4fe4

So far I have only used the MFJ 259B. But this is a much better analyser. It
is in a class of its own. I input the frequencies for all 5 bands and
connected it to my Cobwebb antenna and got an instant SWR reading. It
continuously monitors the SWR on all five bands at once. This is only one
excellent feature of many. I have not had much experience with antenna
analysers, but this one I am very impressed with, so far.

73 Andy

Old May 30th 08, 07:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Andy" wrote in message
My Rigexpert AA-200 has just arrived from
http://www.radioworld.co.uk/~radio/c...fec46917ed4fe4

So far I have only used the MFJ 259B. But this is a much better analyser.
It is in a class of its own. I input the frequencies for all 5 bands and
connected it to my Cobwebb antenna and got an instant SWR reading. It
continuously monitors the SWR on all five bands at once. This is only one
excellent feature of many. I have not had much experience with antenna
analysers, but this one I am very impressed with, so far.

73 Andy

Hi Andy,
Have you been able to use the software? I don't see any documentation for it
or an explaination of the "PC" switch on the analyzer.

Dale W4OP

Old May 30th 08, 10:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dale,
I haven't tried yet. I will give it ago this morning and I will let you know
ASAP, how I get on.

"Andy" wrote in message
My Rigexpert AA-200 has just arrived from
http://www.radioworld.co.uk/~radio/c...fec46917ed4fe4

So far I have only used the MFJ 259B. But this is a much better analyser.
It is in a class of its own. I input the frequencies for all 5 bands and
connected it to my Cobwebb antenna and got an instant SWR reading. It
continuously monitors the SWR on all five bands at once. This is only one
excellent feature of many. I have not had much experience with antenna
analysers, but this one I am very impressed with, so far.

73 Andy

Hi Andy,
Have you been able to use the software? I don't see any documentation for
it or an explaination of the "PC" switch on the analyzer.

Dale W4OP

Tuning antenna using signal gen and spectrum analyser Marcus Tait Antenna 9 February 11th 08 06:22 PM
RigExpert SD interface Jimmie Swap 0 March 23rd 06 07:34 PM
FS: MixW RigExpert Tiny for Icom radios Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 Swap 0 July 18th 05 08:10 PM
30M Jpole and antenna analyser question. Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 Antenna 6 January 31st 05 01:39 PM