Old June 11th 08, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Big

picked this up on a different NG!

"Time Warner's Road Runner is discontinuing their coverage of newsgroups.
http://help.rr.com/HMSFaqs/e_newsgro...rmination.aspx They give
everyone until the 23rd of June to buy a 3rd party service if they wish
to continue accessing the newsgroups.
I guess we can thank the child pornography laws for this and can
probably start looking forward to other ISPs doing the same thing in the
future."

Old June 11th 08, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 11, 6:49 am, Christopher Cox
wrote:
Uhgggg....

The IDIOTS at GOOGLE posted my email
address with no crypting what so ever!

So easy to harvest.
Here comes the SPAM.

Yeah, you have to create a profile and sign in.
Then Google will munge your e-mail addy to
the point where it requires a bit of human
intervention to get it. It was a shock to me
too when I first saw my e-mail address in
clear text here.

Jim, K7JEB

Old June 11th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jun 11, 2:41 pm, "Jim, K7JEB" wrote:

Yeah, you have to create a profile and sign in.
Then Google will munge your e-mail addy to
the point where it requires a bit of human
intervention to get it. It was a shock to me
too when I first saw my e-mail address in
clear text here.

And I have to abruptly correct myself on this.
The address munging only applies to Google.
Everywhere else, what you have as an e-mail
addy in your Google profile is propagated. So
better stock up on throw-away addresses while
they are cheap! K7JEB