Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 13th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default ART'S ANTENNA

Met an old ham a couple of weeks ago he had recently moved into a
senior citizens complex and was unable to have antennas of any sort
erected, all he had was, as he put it, a piece of wire in the loft.
After a bit of thought I decided to make one of Art's antennas for
him. I made a former 16" long by 10.5"diameter and contra-wound
aprox 550' of twisted (1100' single) 19 gauge copper magnet wire onto
it, covered same in pvc tape and took it over to him yesterday
morning, he took some swr readings they were as follows.

SWR
1.8 = 1.2 :1
3.75 = 1 :1
7.075 = 1.7 :1
14.075 = 4 :1
21.075 = 6 :1

He did not have a variometer but is going to build one, will post
results when He gives them to me, I left him playing with the antenna
and he seemed to be a very happy man.

Derek