Old September 25th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Radiation lobes

Art wrote:
"So by all means crush any an all ideas of change."

In antennas and masers size matters. Diamagnetic materials matter more
in masers than in common antennas.

Keep searching for a highly focused beam from a tiny spot or speck. When
you succeed, patent it and you may become secure in your fame and
fortune.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old September 25th 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 25, 2:15*pm, (Richard Harrison)
wrote:
Art wrote:

"So by all means crush any an all ideas of change."

In antennas and masers size matters. Diamagnetic materials matter more
in masers than in common antennas.

It was not long ago that we had an antenna design so why should we
need another
No you have come out with an epistle that size matters. Truely the
thoughts of an older woman.
Richard by not learning how to use a computer you are living as much
in the past as McCain.
If you had given a reasion for such a statement you would have my
attention but you give nothing
and so I have nothing to add

Old September 25th 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art Unwin wrote:

It was not long ago that we had an antenna design so why should we
need another
No you have come out with an epistle that size matters. Truely the
thoughts of an older woman.

Actually, I suspect that what you say may hold deeper truths than some
realize, perhaps even than you realize ...

If the ether exists in a form some have imagined, if it is possible to
couple efficiently to this ether, then a one-inch antenna should be on
the same level of effectiveness as a one-hundred foot one.

The "if(s)" is the problem ... and directly relates to that little
problem of proof which has been requested ...

Regards,
JS
Old September 25th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sep 24, 3:33*pm, Art Unwin wrote:

*But then, all is known about antennas and if it were possible as the
experts state or
we would have been using such antennas years ago !!!!!

This might even include you if you were to actually try using one.
But, then the parade would come to an end, as you would see
that there is no free lunch.

Or as another person stated we don't need a different
*type of beam radiation as we already have one!!!!
So by all means crush any and all ideas of change

I know you hate yagi antennas, but did it ever occur to you
that the nulls are an advantage to many operators when
receiving. Heck, I bet just as many people use directional
antennas for the receive qualities as they do for any
directional gain. Whacking about 20 db off a west
coast kilowatt can come in mighty handy when you
are trying to hear weak DX in Africa.
Of course, with an equal opportunity dummy load, the
null will be in all directions.
So not only are you screwed as far as directional gain
vs an efficient antenna, you also lack the directional qualities
which many have great use for when receiving.
I suspect your invention using this "new science" will be a
flop at the box office.
Reboot and try again.

Multi lobes art Antenna 2 June 28th 07 08:19 AM
Electromagnetic Radiation NO9GL Policy 10 March 3rd 06 07:33 PM
Dipole antenna lobes question (wifi base in this example) dhawo Antenna 1 December 19th 05 08:56 PM
Penn State fractal antenna reduces unwanted lobes John Bartley I solved my XP problems w/ Service P Antenna 15 November 5th 03 01:43 PM
Radiation from wire [email protected] Antenna 28 October 13th 03 01:44 AM