Old September 28th 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default wbc400 vs cnt400

hi

in laymans terms does anyone know the practical differences
between these two cables from same firm?

the loss seems about the same,

some company i bought some cnt400 from sent me wbc which i am
not familiar with trying to see if i got ripped

thanks
Old September 28th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

They are comparable. CommScope, Inc. wbc400
Yours may be a little more flexible. Same size, connector, loss per foot,
material.
like Times lmr400
like Andrew cnt400
Quality? You be the judge, you don't get the cool Andrew logo.

It seems that CommScope bought or merged with Andrew:
http://www.commscope.com/andrew/eng/.../wiress_infra/

Make sure it never gets water inside. Use a RG213 pigtail around the rotor.

Old September 28th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 15:35:20 GMT, "JB" wrote:

It seems that CommScope bought or merged with Andrew:
http://www.commscope.com/andrew/eng/.../wiress_infra/

CommScope bought Andrew for $2.65 billion in Dec 2007:
http://www.commscope.com/company/eng/aboutus/news/financial_news/1203953_11983.html
for $13.50 per share in cash plus 0.031543 shares (about $1.50) in
CommScope stock.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old September 28th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

In article , ml
wrote:

hi

in laymans terms does anyone know the practical differences
between these two cables from same firm?

the loss seems about the same,

some company i bought some cnt400 from sent me wbc which i am
not familiar with trying to see if i got ripped

thanks

thanks for the responces so far appreciate it, but --

the info posted was mostly in my original question/post....

so if anyone might happen to know the differences beyound whats
listed here i'd love to know and be greatful

i am guessing that if they are from same company but have different
part numbers there has to be some difference ??

tnx

Old September 29th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"ml" wrote in message
In article , ml
wrote:

hi

in laymans terms does anyone know the practical differences
between these two cables from same firm?

the loss seems about the same,

some company i bought some cnt400 from sent me wbc which i am
not familiar with trying to see if i got ripped

thanks

thanks for the responces so far appreciate it, but --

the info posted was mostly in my original question/post....

so if anyone might happen to know the differences beyound whats
listed here i'd love to know and be greatful

i am guessing that if they are from same company but have different
part numbers there has to be some difference ??

It would seem the Andrew part # was dropped because of the duplication, or
one was a rebrand of the other. A quick google will turn up specs for both.
The wbc is spec'd ever so slightly better at 900 but may have just been from
rounding. I haven't bought either lately. You have the cable in hand
though, let me know if it meets it's own specs in testing. Have you used
either before? There are good reasons for choosing the right cable for the
job.

Old September 29th 08, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

In article ,
"JB" wrote:

"ml" wrote in message
In article , ml
wrote:

[...]

hi JB

thanks for the help when i get some time i'll have to call up
the manuf to see thou perhaps what you wrote above makes the
most sence just i need to be sure

i have certainly used lots of times microwave lmr 400 etc and
andrews cnt400 i typically always get the db both seem to have same
construction styles

i don't really have any way to test them per say they seem
pretty close so if there is a difference i prob wouldn't know until
comscope tells me
so i always wonder if there is something that could bite me
gotta give'm a buzz

thanks very much
Old October 1st 08, 08:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

ml wrote in :

hi

in laymans terms does anyone know the practical differences
between these two cables from same firm?

I looked at adding these to the line loss calculator at
http://www.vk1od.net/tl/tllc.php , but the clever people at Comscope
prevent copy and paste from their PDF datasheets. As a matter of
principle, I do not retype figures to minimise the risk of errors.

I guess we might see that policy applied to the Andrews products in time.

The Comscope takeover and subsequent web changes has made finding info on
Andrews products so much more difficult. Still, there are always the
competitors.

The products you mention competes with the LMR series, there is probably
very little difference, but if you are fussy, buy the products for which
you can get suitable product documentation and insist on no substitution.

Owen