Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 3rd 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Effective length of braid dipole leg?

I want to make a flexible, portable, vertical 10M dipole from coax by
folding back roughy 1/4 wavelength of the sheath and taping it in
place.

I would not expect the sheath to perform like an equal length of solid
or stranded wire because if the extra length of wire. Is there any
theoretical way to compute a factor, or do I just keep snipping until
I get lowest SWR at the desired freq?

Ken KC2JDY

dipole length vs db ml Antenna 23 October 15th 06 06:47 AM
i want to know the length of a 6m dipole BILL GRIESCH -K2WDG Antenna 11 June 27th 06 01:12 AM
extra length?? 2 dipole ml Antenna 5 May 11th 05 01:03 AM
Dipole Length Question Cecil Moore Antenna 7 April 23rd 04 05:01 PM
Unequal length dipole arms Ron Antenna 9 July 12th 03 09:13 AM