Old December 2nd 08, 02:13 AM posted to sci.physics.electromag,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Numerical integration and MS Excel "data table" function problem

John Smith wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:
... I wholly abandoned

MS whose expensive compiler and math libraries (upwards to $600) were
abysmal in comparison to the $50 TurboPascal product.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Indeed, if someone prefers pascal (hey, any language is OK with me, even
Fortran--wink Roy)

Here is 5.5 ... I would suspect it will get you what you want:

http://dn.codegear.com/article/20803

Grab the zip file.

Regards,
JS

Octave (the Matlab clone) is available for almost all platforms, and is
quite easy to learn to use. For things like manipulating matrices and
vectors, it's pretty slick. The real Matlab has better graphics
packages (in terms of integration with the package, etc.), but from a
straight out computation standpoint, Octave works just as well.

Old December 2nd 08, 10:41 PM posted to sci.physics.electromag,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Jim Lux ha escrito:
John Smith wrote:
Richard Clark wrote:
[...]

Hello Richard, John and Jim,

First, Thanks for the info. I downloaded TP55 via the link. Good
thing that Embarcadero (sounds 100% Español) makes available older
versions of popular software.

One of the options I had in mind, was to use an older version of
Delphi. I prefer this above VB. Structured design isn’t strange to me,
so Pascal, is still attractive for me (though it is not as popular as
years ago). My lecturer for high level programming was Mr. L.
Ammeraal.

I know Turbo Pascal was very popular. Later, many people I know used
also the Delphi product (both free time and professional SW
development). After that some people switched to C++ builder.

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
forget abc and you have a valid mail address.
Old December 17th 08, 08:38 PM posted to sci.physics.electromag,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 28 nov, 22:28, Wimpie wrote:
Hello,

I made an excel sheet to simulate Fresnel diffraction patterns. I used
a 2 way data table to generate the "infinitesimal" contributions from
the EM field. After summation of the contributions in the 2D tables,
a have one result cell (that holds |E|) and three input cells
(variables) for x-, y-, and z- coordinate for the observation point.
When I change the coordinates manually, the results seem OK.

The idea was to use another table (one way table) to plot |E| versus
one of the input cells. However, I cannot get the table working. *I
tried "scenarios" (filling in each scenario by hand), but Excel stores
the individual worksheets, so I ran out of the EXCEL 2000 internal
memory limit (I think of about 60MB). I also tried the offset
function, in combination with a one-way table. This also didn't work.

It seems that once you use a data table that uses one (or two) of your
variables, you cannot use another table to manipulate a third variable
(parameter).

Does somebody know a solution for this (I do not prefer a VB one)?

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl
The PM is valid when you don't forget to take out abc.

Hello contributors to my Excel problem,

Though I am not an SW guy, I solved my Fresnel diffraction problem
with Turbo Pascal 5.5. After playing with some basic Pascal things,
it took limited time to write the routines. The speed of the
calculations surprised me. I think they did a really good job at that
time.

For the time being, I use MS excel for the graphing part.

Thanks for the help!

Best regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
When leaving out abc, you have a valid PM.