Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 6th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
MTV MTV is offline

Default Towers - lattice vs. tubular?

I'm starting to look for a 55' freestanding tower with house wall
bracket. Am undecided on a lattice type or tubular. Being an old geezer
I am not interested in the standard lattice type which requires
climbing, but a nestable type to be raised and lowered by a crank or
motor. I figure if it can be lowered I could work on it from the roof of
my one story house. Main antenna would be a Cushcraft A4S 4-element or
equivalent - wind area abt 4 sq ft. Not sure I could handle the huge X7
Big Thunder and its 7.9 sq ft., although that would be ideal.

Any first hand experience or recommendations?

Marv
W5MTV