Old January 15th 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Vertical antenna for DX

Peter wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one of these for the roof:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/315

That's my plan as the garage has a large surface area galvanized steel roof.

Peter VK6YSF

http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6ysf/vk6ysf/main.htm

The Titan DX doesn't require a ground screen of any kind. It has a
built-in counterpoise, and is center-fed.
Old January 15th 09, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jan 15, 8:05*am, Dave wrote:
Peter wrote:
I'm thinking of getting one of these for the roof:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/315

That's my plan as the garage has a large surface area galvanized steel roof.

Peter *VK6YSF

http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6ysf/vk6ysf/main.htm

The Titan DX doesn't require a ground screen of any kind. *It has a
built-in counterpoise, and is center-fed.

Are we talking counterpoise or are we talking load?
Art
Old January 15th 09, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:00:14 -0800 (PST), Art Unwin
wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:05*am, Dave wrote:
counterpoise

Are we talking counterpoise or are we talking load?

If you are talking, wipe off the screen. I trimmed Dave's post to
reduce confusion - your alternative word, load, never appears.

In fact, we never conjoin the term garage and load, nor roof and load,
nor power lines and load. No, counterpoise has a well known and long
established meaning that has been found in a lot of texts and none of
the authors have ever felt the necessity to join that term with
garage, roof, or power line either.

Perhaps Newton kept his counterpoise in his garage - the historical
record is rather vague on this matter.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old January 16th 09, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Richard Clark wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:00:14 -0800 (PST), Art Unwin
wrote:

On Jan 15, 8:05 am, Dave wrote:
counterpoise

Are we talking counterpoise or are we talking load?

If you are talking, wipe off the screen. I trimmed Dave's post to
reduce confusion - your alternative word, load, never appears.

In fact, we never conjoin the term garage and load, nor roof and load,
nor power lines and load. No, counterpoise has a well known and long
established meaning that has been found in a lot of texts and none of
the authors have ever felt the necessity to join that term with
garage, roof, or power line either.

Perhaps Newton kept his counterpoise in his garage - the historical
record is rather vague on this matter.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

It's a capacitor.
Old January 16th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:34:42 +0000, Dave wrote:

Perhaps Newton kept his counterpoise in his garage - the historical
record is rather vague on this matter.

It's a capacitor.

History informs us he would have called it a condenser, your word came
into the language later from Le Compte a'Citor, Gauss's French Pen-Pal
from junior high.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Old January 17th 09, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
MTV MTV is offline

Richard Clark wrote:
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:34:42 +0000, Dave wrote:

Perhaps Newton kept his counterpoise in his garage - the historical
record is rather vague on this matter.

It's a capacitor.

History informs us he would have called it a condenser, your word came
into the language later from Le Compte a'Citor, Gauss's French Pen-Pal
from junior high.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

Yep, they were all still 'condensers' when I got my first license in '57.

Old as dirt?

W5MTV

The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 07:03 PM
FS DX-88 vertical antenna James Skalski Swap 0 May 15th 05 08:48 PM
FS HF Vertical Antenna AA6RK Swap 0 December 17th 04 05:25 AM
Vertical HF antenna Lushy Antenna 7 October 3rd 03 01:47 AM
WTB: HF Vertical Antenna in PBC, Fl Doug Yarnold Swap 0 September 22nd 03 12:39 AM