Old March 14th 09, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default digital converter box

Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on portable
TV's? I have a nice 110/12 volt set with a rabbit style antenna that I hate
to have to junk. It a shame that all the portables will have to be junked. I
also have a pocket Casio TV that is now worthless. Thank you all for your
comments.
73's

Old March 14th 09, 03:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's? I have a nice 110/12 volt set with a rabbit style antenna
that I hate to have to junk. It a shame that all the portables will have
to be junked. I also have a pocket Casio TV that is now worthless. Thank
you all for your comments.
73's

The short answer is that you are screwed. The converters certainly work
with the small portables, but the portability suffers. Just find some place
in the house cable distribution system to use them. (Need a tv in the
bathroom?)

Old March 14th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Wayne wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's? I have a nice 110/12 volt set with a rabbit style antenna
that I hate to have to junk. It a shame that all the portables will have
to be junked. I also have a pocket Casio TV that is now worthless. Thank
you all for your comments.
73's

The short answer is that you are screwed. The converters certainly work
with the small portables, but the portability suffers. Just find some place
in the house cable distribution system to use them. (Need a tv in the
bathroom?)

Or if you REALLY want to be portable, open up a converter box, find the
power supply output, and mod it for external DC power.

As people start replacing their old TV's there's going to lots of
converter boxes for little to nothing.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old March 14th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's?

I have a portable 12V TV and am using an Insignia converter
box with it. The Insignia converter box works with a cheap
12V inverter and consumes only 7 watts.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
"Government 'help' to business is just as disastrous as
Old March 14th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
MTV MTV is offline

Dave wrote:
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's? I have a nice 110/12 volt set with a rabbit style antenna
that I hate to have to junk. It a shame that all the portables will have
to be junked. I also have a pocket Casio TV that is now worthless. Thank
you all for your comments.
73's

See Wineguard Direct:

http://www.winegarddirect.com/viewit...~p~rc-1010.htm

They have battery operated portable units & 110 VAC units w/12 volt
inverter available.

Also antenna upgrades that yield a stronger signal.

$$

Marv

Old March 14th 09, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message
news
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's? I have a nice 110/12 volt set with a rabbit style antenna
that I hate to have to junk. It a shame that all the portables will have
to be junked. I also have a pocket Casio TV that is now worthless. Thank
you all for your comments.
73's

Use an inverter to convert the 12vdc into 120AC:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...tle#ps-sellers

I keep one in the car .

Old March 15th 09, 12:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mar 14, 4:07*pm, Bart Bailey wrote:
In posted on Sat, 14 Mar
2009 16:00:00 GMT, wrote: Begin *

As people start replacing their old TV's there's going to lots of
converter boxes for little to nothing.

My original plan last year was to wait it out until those boxes began to
flood the thrift shops, but I was able to avoid the bleak interval and
upgrade to a unit whose technology will hopefully outlive me.

Get rid of the peep hole in the entrance way and replace it with a
micro camera.
Put the hand held inside the house and use it as a monitor
Old March 15th 09, 02:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave wrote:
Do any of you know if there is an available box that can be used on
portable TV's?

Winegard Introduces Battery-Powerer DTV Converter Box
Battery pack would allow DTV-to-analog converters to work in power-outages
By John Eggerton -- Broadcasting & Cable, 8/28/2008 4:44:00 AM MT

Equipment manufacturer Winegard is unveiling a battery pack for its
DTV-to-analog converter box at a DTV expo in Wilmington, N.C. today
(Aug. 28).

http://reviews.cnet.com/tv-hdtv-tune...-33280760.html

Winegard 9-Volt Battery Pack For RCDT09/RCDT09A Converter Boxes (RC-BP9V)

http://www.winegarddirect.com/viewit...wd-rc-12dc.htm

http://www.winegarddirect.com/viewit...wd-rc-bp9v.htm