Old May 21st 09, 10:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Skagen Men's Alarm Function Leather Watch #519XLSL1

Price:$135.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000IZAWFU
Best deal: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000IZAWFU

I have numerous schedule appointments during the day, and I prefer not to use the cell phone alarm feature as it's too distracting. The alarm function of the watch is personal.
This watch is not nearly so dreadful as what other reviewers have whined about. Au contraire!1) Accuracy -- I set this watch when I got it as a pre-Christmas present in November. It has varied only a few seconds since.2) Alarm accuracy -- I don't see the problem. It's an analog dial, for Heaven's sake: not a precise cesium-clock, digital instrument. Like MOST ALL analog dial settings, the alarm is going to go off "in the close neighborhood" of where the hand is placed. This is exactly what I expected (and the other buyers should have expected), and that's what this watch delivers.3) Alarm volume -- yes, it's not loud enough; I agree. -1/2 star4) This is a VERY attractive watch. I've had lots of compliments, which is why I got it -- an inexpensive dress watch. The SS watch face has a VERY attractive metal "graining" to it that starts in the center and then spreads outward. Eye-catching is an understatement; whoever the design artist was for the face deserves a pay raise.5) The only other complaints that makes me drop it to 4 stars is that it's too "tall" for my wrist and doesn't sit completely flat. This could be remedied by a redesign of the leather strap joint to the watch. But it's no big issue, and it's perfectly comfortable. The second complaint is that I don't have a huge wrist (see early in #5 here), but yet the leather strap is too short for all the "keepers." I don't understand this design problem, but it fits perfectly well, and there is PLENTY of room on the band for expansion. It's just that the keepers are somewhat useless, but they're on the bottom of the watch, so who cares?If you're going to buy an $80 "dress watch," know what to expect, and you won't be disappointed. The only serious negative thing I have to say about this watch is the low alarm volume. Otherwise it looks gorgeous, and few people know how little it costs. It's a keeper, definitely.
This is a nice looking watch. I've had it for about a month now and it keeps perfect time. I have received numerous comments on how attractive it is. Overall a great watch for the price.
This watch is huge and bulky. Unlike all the other Skagens I own. The alarm function is not very accurate. Even if you try to set it on the hour, the alarm will go off 6-8 min before or after the set point. Alarm not loud enough.
nice styling - now if it only kept time. cannot compare with less expensive timex.
Quartz movement, Casual watch, Alarm, Silver-tone luminous hands, Silver-tone numbers and indices, Brushed stainless steel bezel, crown, case, alarm selector button and caseback, Super hardened mineral crystal, 30 meters/100 feet water resistant
Dress to impress and keep yourself on schedule for important appointments day and night with this Skagen stainless steel men's analog watch, which offers an alarm function that's denoted by a red-tipped alarm hand. Sophisticated and modern in style, its large, 40mm round watch case elegantly flows into the integrated, tapered brown pebble leather strap (featuring tonal stitching). The silver dial face is supplemented by a mix of shiny stick and Arabic numeral markers along the outside edge as well as small minute indexes and luminous hands (with seconds hand). Other features include Japanese quartz movement, a scratch-resistant mineral crystal, and water resistance to 100 meters (330 feet)--offering protection from accidental splashes as well suitable for swimming, snorkeling, and light recreational diving. About Skagen Named after a fishing hamlet in Denmark on the northern tip of the Jutland peninsula, Skagen Designs was founded by Henrik and Charlotte Jorst in 1991 after the two Copenhagen natives moved to New York City. The company subscribes to the principle that beautifully designed, high-quality objects can be created at reasonable prices. Skagen watches represent the technical excellence, refined design and operational simplicity that have created the unique reputation of Danish design. The fishing village of Skagen--the Skaw--lies where the northern-most tip of the Danish peninsula known as Jutland bends East and breaks the surging waters of the Kattegat and Skagerak seas. The spectacular natural beauty of the area is compellingly beautiful, and its white sandy beaches have been visited by artists for centuries.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Skagen Men's Titanium Watch #233XLTTM:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0007X9F7E
Skagen Men's Blue Face Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch #233LTTN:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000C9ZBZ
Tiffen 52mm UV Protection Filter:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004ZCJG