Old August 5th 09, 07:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
jae jae is offline

Default Hydakia V-33 tribander

purchased a unit second hand. Working ok except for 14mhz . Anybody
with experience in fault finding on these units ?. How do I know the
guy I bought it off put the correct traps on the correct poles ?.
Are there only two sizes of traps (6 in all) ?. Large one on the
inside and the small one on the outside ??.
Trouble reading the directions in Japanese ...

Thanks
John VK3CVF
Old August 5th 09, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John,
Do a Google search (Hidaka+V-33+yagi+manual) on the correct spelling Hidaka.

Here is an excerpt from VK6IA web page:

The Triband Yagi - Hidaka VS-33 is the Japanese version of the Hy-Gain TH3.
It has proved to be a great performing antenna with good gain and a nice
front to rear/side ratio.

Hope for your sake the VS-33 and the V-33 are the same animal!
Maybe an email to him may prove fruitful.

Also found this.

Article: 223546 of rec.radio.amateur.antenna
From: "Jae"
Subject: Hidaka VS33 antenna
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 22:35:10 +1000
unassembled antenna that I am trying to rebuild.
Regards
VK3CVF
John
Melbourne...

01-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Hi to all,
I am asking if anyone has the Specs for a VS33,Triband,beam for 10-15-20 M,I
have one and I can't find any info about it I have tried to contact
HIDAKA,in JA but no luck with them,I would like the trap info and element
lengths,as well,I have not pulled the traps apart to measure the coils
yet,so any thing would be a big help,Regards #TOM VK4HTM..
Thanks to all Who Looked at this Message.
http://www.qrz.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Maybe Tom can help you
73
John
VK2KC

"jae" wrote in message
purchased a unit second hand. Working ok except for 14mhz . Anybody
with experience in fault finding on these units ?. How do I know the
guy I bought it off put the correct traps on the correct poles ?.
Are there only two sizes of traps (6 in all) ?. Large one on the
inside and the small one on the outside ??.
Trouble reading the directions in Japanese ...

Thanks
John VK3CVF

FS: Kenwood TM-741 Tribander RadAct Swap 1 June 10th 06 05:14 AM
3 Monos or a Tribander? west Antenna 4 March 8th 06 06:11 AM
FS: KLM KT-34XA tribander NA1A Swap 0 September 22nd 04 10:18 PM
FS: Force 12 C-3 Tribander frankB Swap 0 January 12th 04 02:27 AM
WTB trapless tribander Swap 2 September 19th 03 12:08 AM